The Wrist That Twists

Good Doctor and Members,

I'm noticing my right hand is giving me a little pain especially in particular spot near the first joint of the thumb. Its a very pointed sharp pain. Racers must have an over developed hand and I'm wondering what's the top ten, five, three or even one thing that one does to keep your hand in good shape.

I'm mindful of using as a light pressure as will work but often I forget to do that until it hurts then I loosen up and its good then I tense up and so it goes.

I've used a palm boss yet that's not always the most practical thing. I'm sure I'l get cruise control eventually but that doesn't help with what we're talking about here...a strong, well developed, and healthy right hand. Thanks

Recently noticed that since bars/grips/fhrottle go back at an angle that hands/arms should also be placed at similar angle for more comfort better leverage.

Thanks again Eirik,

This is not only helpful to me but my nephew who is a guitar player.

Recently noticed that since bars/grips/fhrottle go back at an angle that hands/arms should also be placed at similar angle for more comfort better leverage.

I find most handlebars to be angled uncomfortably. The way my wrists and arms are attached to my torso, a fairly narrow and ruler straight bar suits me the best. The more they are angled back, the more my wrists starts to ache because it is an unnatural position for me. But if you can manage to find a relaxed and comfy position with your bars - either by adjusting the bars or your position or both - you're all the better for it.

Cool if the hand exercises can help you both :)

Yes Eirik,

You've been generally helpful and I'm guessing we're a little closer in age than some others...I'm 58...You?