So, You Think You Can Ride?

thats a seriously impressive photo, but it's also cheating slightly, the track surface has a pretty decent bank to it and he's dragging his body on the curbing so he appears to be more leaned over then he actually is. Still quite impressive nonetheless

• 1 month later...

thats a seriously impressive photo, but it's also cheating slightly, the track surface has a pretty decent bank to it and he's dragging his body on the curbing so he appears to be more leaned over then he actually is. Still quite impressive nonetheless

They have a photo of all the riders in the same corner doing the same thing. Wicked cool though, you're right.

If you're 15 seconds off the lap record, you probably do not have much clue about how to ride really fast. In any case, you are hopelessly slow. For someone like me, who would be best served to use a calendar to time the laps and not a watch, what these top rank riders do are completely incomprehensible.

If you're 15 seconds off the lap record, you probably do not have much clue about how to ride really fast. In any case, you are hopelessly slow.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this comment. First of all, 15 seconds off the lap record is not really that slow - depending on the track, the conditions, and the machinery - and secondly, what do you mean by "hopelessly slow"? Everyone starts somewhere, I wouldn't characterize anyone as "hopeless" unless they had given up trying to learn!

Perhaps I should explain myself better. If you are 15 seconds behind the lap record while riding let's say a BMW S1000RR and you have more or less explored your abilities, you are never going to make it in racing. There is a world between a 1:30 lap and a 1:45 lap. OTOH, you are very fast compared to the majority of riders, so of course you can ride. A lot better than me, for instance ;) But compared to Marquez, you are hopeless. So it's all about what we compare with. Being in the top 5% of anything associated with sport, be that running or fighting or driving or whatever, obviously mean you are at the peaky end compared to the average population. But the step from being top 5% to being best is a gap very, very few have the ability to make. The level of world champions is incomprehensible for most of us IMO.

they even managed to sneak a little motocross action in there,

as much as I hate Fox for killing off all of my other motorcycle racing action, their coverage of Indy this past weekend was quite impressive, but the real test will be how they cover the rounds not taking place on american soil

I really dug that Indy GP too. The battle for 4th was an epic one. I'm not sure if I agree with N. Hayden's decision to risk crashing in the last corner just to try to get 8th place. I understand it was in front of his home fans and family but c'mon, that was a sketchy pass.

If you don't mind waiting until the race is over to watch it try this:

1. Download and Install "Expat Shield" (http://expat-shield.en.softonic.com/)

2. Activate/Connect Expat Shield. Usually I do this through the little shield in the Task Manager.

3. Open an internet browser and navigate to (www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/)

4. Go to "TV"

5. Find the "M" in the alphabet in the middle of the page and click it.

6. Select "MotoGP"

Watch and enjoy BBC coverage of the pre-race grid and MotoGP race.

I haven't found a good free way to find the Moto2 and Moto3 races yet but I'm on the hunt.

I really dug that Indy GP too. The battle for 4th was an epic one. I'm not sure if I agree with N. Hayden's decision to risk crashing in the last corner just to try to get 8th place. I understand it was in front of his home fans and family but c'mon, that was a sketchy pass.

Thomas;

Thanks for putting this up. Here in the Northeast USA, Time Warner Cable and Fox 1 Sports had not concluded their "deal" until late morning on Sunday so I couldn't even program my DVR to record it. Luckily I checked back in right before the beginning of the MotoGP and found the pre-race show airing. Unfortunately, we did not get the Nick Harris/Gavin Emmett audio feed.

As for Nicky and Dovi, remember Ducati didn't renew Nicky's contract and decided to keep Dovi and bring in Cal Crutchlow to take Nicky's place. That's motivation as far as I can see. In a tangential way to Rossi's needing to beat Spies when Spies took his ride at Yamaha before and now his push every race to beat Crutchlow now that he is back with Yamaha...I'm just sayin'...

Rain

Thomas;

Thanks for putting this up. Here in the Northeast USA, Time Warner Cable and Fox 1 Sports had not concluded their "deal" until late morning on Sunday so I couldn't even program my DVR to record it. Luckily I checked back in right before the beginning of the MotoGP and found the pre-race show airing. Unfortunately, we did not get the Nick Harris/Gavin Emmett audio feed.

As for Nicky and Dovi, remember Ducati didn't renew Nicky's contract and decided to keep Dovi and bring in Cal Crutchlow to take Nicky's place. That's motivation as far as I can see. In a tangential way to Rossi's needing to beat Spies when Spies took his ride at Yamaha

before and now his push every race to beat Crutchlow now that he is back with Yamaha...I'm just sayin'...

Rain

Slight difference. . Spies didn't "take" Rossi's ride - Rossi chose to leave. Rossi has lost a bit of edge as the other riders have passed him in the last few years, he's still competitive but doesn't have the same desperation and hunger as before. The chip on the shoulder is more on Crutchlow than on Rossi. Crutchlow rides with an anger that you'd like to see as he wants to beat everybody because he thinks he's being disrepespected by the factory 's every time out there. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Me too, what an EXCITING RACE! I made the mistake of watching it kinda late on Sunday night after racing all day - I thought I was tired, but I was jumping out of my chair the whole time!

Can you believe how CLOSE they get? And there are so many of them, crowded together thought the whole race, there are so many lead changes!

If you haven't seen it, watch it, it is GREAT!

Hands down the best race I've seen all season of any class was the Rookies Cup Round 11 from Silverstone this past weekend,

http://live.redbull....ilverstone-r11/

OMG!

T;

Thanks for posting this link. Like Hotfoot I was screaming at my screen -what a freaking last lap!

Rainman

• 2 months later...