Joe Roberts At Barber:

It's Friday, I just pulled this off RW: Rookie Joe Roberts Fastest In His First AMA Pro SuperSport Practice, At Barber Motorsports Park.

How cool is that! Only rider in the 130's!

Nice hat he is wearing too :)

You should be able to stream the races live here http://www.amaprolive.com/

Thanks for this site, I did get to watch the races - and it has that "DVR" feature so you can watch the races later! Way cool, the coverage and the video quality was good.

Joe was AWESOME!!!! I am so excited for him - Keith was there coaching him and they must be having a blast. Joe's best laptime in the race today BEAT the lap record for supersport - but apparently lap records are only official if done in qualifying.

Unbelievable that he won both his debut races, and by such a wide margin, and rode SO BLAZIN' fast!! Fantastic!

He made quite a splash. The announcers seemed awestruck by his performance.

From Dunlop:

With the entire SuperSport field likewise mounted aboard US-made Sportmax D211 GP-A DOT-approved tires, 16-year-old Joe Roberts celebrated his birthday and AMA racing debut by winning both races in impressive fashion aboard his California Superbike School/Roadracingworld.com Honda CBR600RR. In the process, Roberts dominated the racing and set a new lap record for the class in race 2 with a remarkable time of 1.29.0, 0.9 of a second faster than the 2012 lap record.

Thanks for putting that up...is there a way to record that? (one of these days I'll come into the 21st century, I just am not in a hurry). Besides that, need to give Hotfoot her daily reason to give me .

Thanks for putting that up...is there a way to record that? (one of these days I'll come into the 21st century, I just am not in a hurry). Besides that, need to give Hotfoot her daily reason to give me ######.

Sure you can record it. We don't want to push you too hard, too fast, on the technology, though, so try this:

Just start the streaming video on your PC - then get out your trusty video camera and point it at your laptop screen. :D

If you want better audio quality, just hit "record" on your tape deck....

hehehehe

OR

you can hit the button on the page that says "Watch Again On Demand"

I have no idea how long they keep the videos up for, I've done some digging around the site but can't seem to find coverage of any of the previous rounds of the Rookies Cup, but you can totally wait till a more reasonable hour to watch the races

Didn't watch these, won't happen likely now...first race looking at the times looks like he was in a brawl to the finish, with 3 or 4 guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Joe is on the front row for the race at Laguna today, hopefully they will stream it over amapro live again, I don't see any footage from the previous round on their DVR page so perhaps they lost the sponsor for the live stream of the SS races,

also live.redbull.tv has tons of past content on it so you can go back and watch the redbull rookies race at any of the previous rounds, even 2012 rounds

Have seen him live in India during CSS (Jan 2013)... Awesome skills and pace... Will wait to see him in motoGP sometime... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...