Trailer A/c

RB Components makes a bracket that you can attach to the roof to hang your leathers off of which is quite convenient.

http://www.rbcomponents.com/components/brackets/universal-hanger-1.html

If you had enough height, pitpal's helmet shelf has a hanger underneath that works but you have to put it a bit higher than one sometimes likes to make sure the suits don't drag on the floor, but it looks like you've put another one up. The above one from the ceiling works great.

I would consider thinking about putting those two items you have above the height of the bikes. Save the front V for items that you need that are taller/longer that you need to put. . the shelf you have there can easily go over the bikes and you still have front full length space.

Consider the pitbull trailer restraint system. . 10x easier than anything else out there. . . The baxley chocks are ok, but you still need to strap down. The pitbull just roll in, lock the latches and pin them in. . maybe 30 seconds. .

Look like bodis on the back of that MV. . love their sound. . .

RB Components makes a bracket that you can attach to the roof to hang your leathers off of which is quite convenient.

http://www.rbcomponents.com/components/brackets/universal-hanger-1.html

If you had enough height, pitpal's helmet shelf has a hanger underneath that works but you have to put it a bit higher than one sometimes likes to make sure the suits don't drag on the floor, but it looks like you've put another one up. The above one from the ceiling works great.

I would consider thinking about putting those two items you have above the height of the bikes. Save the front V for items that you need that are taller/longer that you need to put. . the shelf you have there can easily go over the bikes and you still have front full length space.

Consider the pitbull trailer restraint system. . 10x easier than anything else out there. . . The baxley chocks are ok, but you still need to strap down. The pitbull just roll in, lock the latches and pin them in. . maybe 30 seconds. .

Look like bodis on the back of that MV. . love their sound. . .

Hey. Thanks for the advice there. I happened to have those wheel chocks already and they do "ok" for now but do tend to get in the way when the trailer is unloaded. I'm going to use them for a little while longer and then probably ditch them for the Pitbull system in the future. The Pitbull system is pretty amazing because of how versatile it is. At the moment I'm storing leathers and helmets in my tow vehicle. But that probably will change when I order that cool bracket you just posted. Thanks for that !!

The good thing is nothing inside of there is carved in granite. I can move things around as needed. Never even considered doing stuff above the bikes. Food for thought.

Ah yes on the MV exhaust. That's actually the stock Arrow system that comes from the factory. Despite being a factory exhaust it sounds great. The Bodis system sounds spectacular but I have decided to keep this bike completely stock due to it's uncommon color. They made Diamante Silver for only one year and did not produce many of them. I'll probably go with a Bodis system on an additional bike in the future. I have my feelers out for local well kept F4's. :)

look where everyone hangs their tire racks and enclosed cabinets on the wall (also frequently the spare tire as well) .. . they are always over where you would normally have cars or bikes. . If you don't use that space it essentially goes to waste. . you'll never need the space above the bike and it only hangs out a little over it. .

Make sure the baxley chocks are bolted down when you are moving. . otherwise they do have a tendency to shift and if they shift, your straps will go loose and the bike will go down.. .

I love the baxley chocks and before I went to tire warmers, I would always bring the chocks and just drive into them. . unfortunately they aren't conducive to front warmers, so once I needed those, it was back to pitbull rear/front stands.

Pitbull trailer restraints are worth their weight in gold and then some. . I have two of them in my previous trailer and two in my current one with pins for every bike I own. By /far/ the best method to transport bikes hands down.

Forgot about the stock arrows before 2010. I have the F4rr with the square exhausts, so every time I see the round ones I'm thinking Bodis. . The Bodis are amazing but loud...

look where everyone hangs their tire racks and enclosed cabinets on the wall (also frequently the spare tire as well) .. . they are always over where you would normally have cars or bikes. . If you don't use that space it essentially goes to waste. . you'll never need the space above the bike and it only hangs out a little over it. .

Make sure the baxley chocks are bolted down when you are moving. . otherwise they do have a tendency to shift and if they shift, your straps will go loose and the bike will go down.. .

I love the baxley chocks and before I went to tire warmers, I would always bring the chocks and just drive into them. . unfortunately they aren't conducive to front warmers, so once I needed those, it was back to pitbull rear/front stands.

Pitbull trailer restraints are worth their weight in gold and then some. . I have two of them in my previous trailer and two in my current one with pins for every bike I own. By /far/ the best method to transport bikes hands down.

Forgot about the stock arrows before 2010. I have the F4rr with the square exhausts, so every time I see the round ones I'm thinking Bodis. . The Bodis are amazing but loud...

Yeah. I learned a very expensive lesson about bolting down chocks. In the back of a rented Uhaul trailer one of my bikes ended up sliding around and almost falling over because of unsecured chocks. The tow straps around the rear sets "saved it" but managed to cause a hair line crack in the frame due to the partial fall (darn you cast aluminum!). Frame replacement is a huge PITA and is not cheap. Each of those chocks have 4 carriage bolts going through the trailer floor with washers on both sides with Locktite keeping the bolts from loosening.

Ah yes you have one of the newer F4's with the mind blowing 201hp. VERY Fast bike! My favorites of the 2010+'s were the 2012 Pastel Red ones and that really nice Titanium gray they did with the red frame. :)

Big thumbs up to the pitbull restraint system, I have one in my van for the R6 and its super awesome,

Let me know how the Polar Cub install goes, I've had my eye on one for a few years now, its always just a tad out of my spending range. I'm curious just how well it cools in the summer heat.

Tyler

Big thumbs up to the pitbull restraint system, I have one in my van for the R6 and its super awesome,

Let me know how the Polar Cub install goes, I've had my eye on one for a few years now, its always just a tad out of my spending range. I'm curious just how well it cools in the summer heat.

Tyler

Certainly will. Ordering is the easy part. Hauling that sucker up on top of a tall trailer does not sound like fun. :)

• 3 months later...

Yeah. I have looked at those. There's a few things keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Pitbull system. My bikes are a combination of different styles and sizes from little 400cc framed bikes to big 1000cc bikes so that's a bit of an unknown. I also have an MV Agusta F4 with a single sided swing arm and a very sensitive and expensive rear hub assembly that I would be nervous supporting the whole bike's weight from. I also use the trailer when it's not in use to provide a bit more security to the two bikes I keep inside. One of the advantages of the Baxley's is being able to "roll right in and park" without getting off the bike or adding anything to it. One of the cool and unintended side effects of the woodcraft axle spool / slider system I had installed on the BMW is it makes the PERFECT tie down point. The BMW can be tied down in less than a minute.

I still have yet to pull the trigger on the A/C unit. This topic has been quite interesting and informative and I'm considering all the options. One of two things will happen. I'll either come across the perfect solution for me and make it happen or I'll schedule some awesome track day in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the summer and I will kludge something together the best I can last minute. I hope it's the first one. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though. You did spark an idea there. My trailer is small but I could likely get a 3rd bike in there if I kept it towards the back. A pit bull restraint in the center towards the back might be the the perfect solution for a third bike as it's completely flat and out of the way when it's not in use.

• 2 months later...

+1 on adding a battery, ventilation fan and LED interior lights, so on nights when you don't need A/C you can still have lights and some cooling without having to run a generator, and so you can run your interior lights (or loading lights) without draining your truck battery. Plus add a 12V round outlet (cigarette lighter type) so you can plug your phone in to charge overnight using a car charger, and you can use it to run one of those small air compressors for tires, those are handy.

Of course then you might want to add a solar panel to keep that battery charged...

Should we keep coming up with more ideas on how to spend your money? :)

'Cause you know you need fuel can racks, and a shower (having a shower to cool off on a hot day is AWESOME) and a water heater and folding chairs and an easy fold up bed that latches against the wall and a canopy and heater and a microwave and a fridge and... ok I'll stop. :)

Those are pretty nice advises indeed..Well I do want to keep my batteries fully charged all time so will use solar power.. Will take care of other information too..