From The Showroom To The Superbike School

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah; as soon as possible...a little gp style shorty that makes a bunch of noise but not too much. maybe 10hp plus loss of like 20lbs translates into more hp I don't know which arrow or something like it. theres a nice vid of one on utube not good at sending links or I would to u. He WAILS through the woods a few times and then does some launches we've got launch control and its good i set my shift lite up for 13,500 start and cut at 14,000. she can go more. this is for shifts not launch I haven't messed with that yet because it seems to be pretty right i have a natural talent for launch even so I do stall it once in a while too. my friend who runs his 73 nova drag racing says to stage deep in other words back from the start line a bit so by the time u react u don't cross the line illegally and u get a sure thing winner usually run race mode right now cause im a little to scared of it to do slick or turn it off. i run slick once in a while definitely more power i got the what i consider to be the highest from of praise from a cruiser group pal who said i look like the light cycles on Tron one of my favorite movies he said theres no noise he just fires forward (in a bunch of Harley and such so u can't hear me). nice! there was a stretched out Honda Blackbird there too last night black and totally beautiful gotta go to work at Walmart what a trip my store manner has a ZX-10! I'm working there part time which helps defray some of the costs of the household and especially gives me a private budget to work from without my wife who manages several households and businesses. she's a lawyer. so yes im getting a pipe :)

Oh yea. I eventually plan on getting a better exhaust for it. At the moment though it's not as high on my list as stuff I will need in 2 weeks. Being the quietest S1000RR on the track is fine with me.

After being able to kick myself for not getting photos of the bike yesterday I sent a quick text to my friend at the dealership Mark Lewis and he was more than happy to send me this photo of the bike before it's PDI. This is what they look like out of the crate covered in plastic and missing parts.

20140514_094647.jpg

Belly pan. Couple of other minor things that gets put on before delivery. A few minutes ago Mark sent me some photos during the PDI. You can see the missing parts better in these images.

20140514_124528.jpg

20140514_124454.jpg

Stroker, was the ECU flashed or pcv? I love the quality on Akras I know lots of people say the electronics will account for the pipe but definitely do not believe it. I have the black too and i love it. its off the beaten path but I do get a little aggravated when I see how nice your racing colors look rchase. Its beautiful!

I have the black too and i love it. its off the beaten path but I do get a little aggravated when I see how nice your racing colors look rchase. Its beautiful!

I think the black looks great on them too. When i saw the BMW racing colors next to the red and black bike I was considering it was a very easy decision.

It was just a vid i found, that is not my bike.The tune accounts for the free flow character of the pipe.Without the tune, there will be unburnt fuel being dumped out like this -

RChase - The white bike should contrast nicely with your black leathers.

Was the bike Dynoed?

Took delivery today. A few more photos coming soon here. Very tired after a long afternoon.

My bike at the moment is completely stock other than the Q3's on it. Dyno runs at the moment would not be useful with the 9k rev limiter. I have ridden the S1000RR extensively on the track but never have had to deal with one in traffic. It's probably one of the most well mannered street bikes I have ever been on. I could tell right away I was in love even after such a short ride.

Whee!

Appointment for Suspension at Traxxion Dynamics Scheduled.

Parts on order and should be here next Tuesday. Sportbike Track Gear had some decent prices and made the ordering process easy.

TR674175 1 Stomp Design - TANK KT-CLR S1000RR 09

W05-0750B 1 WOODCRAFT - Rearsets Street/Trackday BMW S1000RR 2010+ Standard

W27-3800 1 WOODCRAFT - Swingarm Slider Spools 8mm

W50-0750-STD 1 WOODCRAFT - Frame Sliders BMW S1000RR Black Standard

W60-0750LB-SS 1 WOODCRAFT - Engine Cover LHS BMW S1000RR (Stator) Stainless Steel

W60-0750RB-SS 1 WOODCRAFT - Engine Cover RHS BMW S1000RR (Crankshaft) Stainless Steel

W45-0750F 1 Woodcraft Front Axle Slider Kit BMW S1000RR

PU09500431 1 POWERSTANDS RACING - OIL CAP KIT M24X2.0 BLK

Thanks. Trying to do the important stuff first and save the other stuff for later. Keeping the bike protected is pretty high on my list.

I did not realize this until I talked to the dealer but they have a lap timer IR sensor for the bike that integrates into the built in lap timer. About the price of the average run of the mill lap timer. BMW is very serious about producing a great track machine.

Got a tiny bit of mileage in this weekend. Trying to do the cooling cycle thing so only got 78 miles in on some back roads. I have to say this is one of the most well mannered comfortable easy to ride bikes I have ever owned. You could tour on this thing which is impressive.

This week I'm going to take it out every day during lunch and get some miles in during the evenings. It has some great headlights on it so night riding will be a pleasure.

My brother snapped a quick photo of me on the bike as I was heading out. It's one sexy machine. At first I did not care for the styling but it's asymmetry is really starting to grow on me.

IMG2.jpg

Oh yea. I eventually plan on getting a better exhaust for it. At the moment though it's not as high on my list as stuff I will need in 2 weeks. Being the quietest S1000RR on the track is fine with me.

Congratulations on the new bike!!!

I hear you laughing in your helmet now as you quietly blast past me. Please, please do not fall off your bike from laughing so hard while listening to me vainly trying to keep up. :)

Next weekend will be a fun weekend, even if I'm riding a mini bike :o

Thanks ScrmnDuc! I REALLY look forward to riding again with you at the school! Even with the power of the S1000RR it's mostly about the rider rather than the bike and you still have years of experience on me. I seem to distinctly remember you "Scrmn" past me when we were both riding the school's BMW's. My friend Eddie even admired your riding chasing you around Barber. Eddie is going to be doing Level 3 and 4 this next weekend as well. I'm a sucker for gorgeous Italian bikes so your 916 will easily distract me for at least a few laps so I can admire it's beauty.

For those that don't know ScrmnDuc and I took Levels 1-4 at the same time at Barber. During Level 3-4 we became really good friends and have kept in contact ever since. He's an awesome friend who's helped me a lot and visited me in the paddock on many track days. Here's a slightly embarrassing photo of me clinging to the school's BMW like a frightened child while ScrmnDuc was about to pass me on the straight. I'm on the #21 bike and he's on the #18 bike. This was my first time ever on the track during Level 1.

IMG_2751.JPG

That photo was taken during the 3rd gear no brakes drill during the beginning of the school. So the speeds were a bit lower and there was not a lot of benefit from tucking under the windscreen.

I'm probably the most upright of all of the riders in the photo mostly because I was so tense. :)

I PM'ed you the galleries of my time taking Levels 1-4.