My Racing Blog

Oddly enough the crash didn't really set me back at all. Despite having a throttle tube cut down to 2/3 length, a replacement brake lever set in not quite the perfect position, and a slippery-as-snot OEM foot peg on the right hand side, my two qualifying runs that same morning weren't bad (qualified fourth and third). A couple of the SOAR officials told me at the end of the day that I was riding better than ever, carrying big speed through a few of the trickier corners.

I guess since I knew for sure that it was nothing I did that caused the crash, it didn't really affect my confidence. The next day in one of the races I put in a lap time equal to my best ever on that layout.

And besides, I am pretty used to crashing by this point :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mea culpa; mea culpa. I know the Central New York Chapter of the Prairie Dogs Racing Team Fan Club - go Dogs! spokesman hasn't commented on the Round 2 Round Up but mainly because all of the other branches, especially the International Branches of the Prairie Dogs Racing Team Fan Club - go Dogs! have been so eerily silent. I don't know about you Hugh but I think it's time to start stripping some of these groups charters. I mean if you're not with the Dogs then you're against them am I right?

I dunno, maybe if you swapped the bikes for a couple of BMW S1000RR's we'd see more commentary from the Forum regulars.

Good luck with Round 3 and I will make sure the CNY Group gets reengaged in direct support efforts once again.