Are Tire Warmers Effective For Q3 Or Similar Sport Tires?

They felt a bit different with the lower pressure but they worked quite well. I'll probably try them again at that pressure in the future. It was a great opportunity to learn more about my tires. Even with a little bit of experimentation there's sooooo much more to learn. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks pretty cool as a concept but I'm skeptical about the product itself based upon their web site and advertising movies. There's misspellings in the movies and they never show a video of the display in operation on the track with tires up to temperature. There's more artsy movie than actual useful information. Ideally, you'd use this kind of data to adjust your tire pressures according the temps you were actually seeing on the track but who knows if it works well enough to do that?

Using tire warmers changed my views a bit. Setting a hot pressure at least to me seems a bit more accurate and easier. Then again the joy of learning is perhaps even that viewpoint might change with more information.

I think the tire temp display is a cool idea. What would be interesting is if a manufacturer integrated that into the display of the bike. The new 2015 S1000RR provides interesting data such as max lean angles. Perhaps in the future we might see that. My 2014 has an integrated lap timer option that gives you a green light as you are starting your fastest lap time. I think there's a huge market and huge future for rider information. Of course that brings in new problems as well. We already tape over our speedometers to reduce distraction. How distracting might additional data be in the grand scheme of things. It's useful but a double edged sword at the same time.

• 3 months later...