Coasting = Maintenance Throttle?

I'm going to think a bit more on what you're saying to try and understand other benefits beyond confidence. I know for me that when I needed confidence it was because I was unsure of my position and unsure of where I wanted to be next so it gave me no other option than tentativeness on the gas.

There is an absolutely perfect description on Twist II that discusses quite specifically both side of this issue, see Chapter 5  Throttle Control, the first section "Street Lazy" followed by Off-Gas Results, it talks about why riders coast, where and for how long, and the exact effects.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hotfoot said:

There is an absolutely perfect description on Twist II that discusses quite specifically both side of this issue, see Chapter 5  Throttle Control, the first section "Street Lazy" followed by Off-Gas Results, it talks about why riders coast, where and for how long, and the exact effects.

Great snippet!

On 05/07/2017 at 6:04 AM, Hotfoot said:

There is an absolutely perfect description on Twist II that discusses quite specifically both side of this issue <snip>.

And Keith goes on to say this:

"In real time and space, each 0.1-second that you stay away from the gas is over one bikelength of distance in a 60mph turn.  In fact, it is 8.8 feet". (Page 26).

That's a scary amount to lose, added up over the turns.  You'll never gain it back.

Me, I'm a terror for delaying getting back on the gas.  But I'm trying to get better, I'm really am ..

• Like 1