Understanding The Best

Read this with interest, from today's QP at Motegi,

Katsuyuki Nakasuga
15th / 1'45.496 / 7 laps
"Yesterday's fall really boosted my motivation. Then in today's third free practice session I beat my personal best with a time of 1'46.280, and then I got a 1'45.476 in Q1. That time even surprised me, and it was a time that my team wasn't expecting either. By getting a time in the 1'45 range, I feel that I have gotten a little closer to a point where I can get a better understanding of how Rossi and Lorenzo are riding. Of course, they are riding at a different level from me, but I feel that I have now gotten a better idea of things, that I haven't experienced before like how they are sliding their front and rear tires. In tomorrow's race, my primary goal will be to be in the top 15. And from there, I will try to move up as high as I can. There are a lot of fast riders in this year's MotoGP, so it is no easy job to finish in the top 15, but I am going to give everything I have to that challenge."

Interesting quote there.

I had a similar experience myself. Not chasing Rossi of course but with a 2 up ride with a much faster rider. My comprehension of traction and braking were never quite the same. Imagine a 2up ride with Rossi. Most people would not be physically strong enough to hold on. :)

Read this with interest, from today's QP at Motegi,

In tomorrow's race, my primary goal will be to be in the top 15. And from there, I will try to move up as high as I can. There are a lot of fast riders in this year's MotoGP, so it is no easy job to finish in the top 15, but I am going to give everything I have to that challenge."

Technically, this should be marked

but I guess it's OK to say that Nagasuka did exceeded his own expectations with an 8th place. Fantastic job, in 'exciting' conditions.