Vir Paddock Location

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how CSS sets up in the North Paddock for VIR. I will be heading down there Sunday, and I want to try to park as close as possible to where the trailers and bikes will be set up. I am bringing my own bike, so I just want to make sure my tools and the what-not will be close by.

Does CSS set up on the West side (by the suites) or the East side (by the showers and food)? Since I will be arriving Sunday, I am hoping I can just find a prime parking spot to leave the van in.

Also, anyone else here going? My buddy and I will be heading down from DC for Monday and Tuesday. He'll be using the school bikes for his first time on track. I'll be on a primer grey Ninja 300.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how CSS sets up in the North Paddock for VIR. I will be heading down there Sunday, and I want to try to park as close as possible to where the trailers and bikes will be set up. I am bringing my own bike, so I just want to make sure my tools and the what-not will be close by.

Does CSS set up on the West side (by the suites) or the East side (by the showers and food)? Since I will be arriving Sunday, I am hoping I can just find a prime parking spot to leave the van in.

Also, anyone else here going? My buddy and I will be heading down from DC for Monday and Tuesday. He'll be using the school bikes for his first time on track. I'll be on a primer grey Ninja 300.

Thanks!

The school sets up by the showers and food - as you drive into the parking lot towards the building and hot pit entrance, with the showers on your right, the school sets up in the middle of the big parking lot. The school bikes get parked in the lot between the classroom building and the barn-type building across from it. Usually most of that will get set up the evening prior, so the trailers etc. may already be in place when you arrive. If I remember correctly, I believe student bikes and pit area is against the fence on the track side, but not between the hot pit entrance from the building, on the other (parking lot) side of the hot pit entrance.

The school sets up by the showers and food - as you drive into the parking lot towards the building and hot pit entrance, with the showers on your right, the school sets up in the middle of the big parking lot. The school bikes get parked in the lot between the classroom building and the barn-type building across from it. Usually most of that will get set up the evening prior, so the trailers etc. may already be in place when you arrive. If I remember correctly, I believe student bikes and pit area is against the fence on the track side, but not between the hot pit entrance from the building, on the other (parking lot) side of the hot pit entrance.

Awesome. Thanks, Hotfoot! That will be super helpful come this weekend.

What level are you doing? Interesting because I had a similar question about the set-up location at NJMP. That place is huge wondering if there will be signs pointing me to the set-up location by Thunderbolt? Can I also park near the track?

I'll be doing levels 3 and 4. I wanted to get some refresher training as the last time I rode with CSS was level 3 in 2010.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

When I was there in May for a 2 day; track staff would direct you into lot and the schools trailers etc were clearly visible. My son and I had a great time and VIR is a fun track

When I was there in May for a 2 day; track staff would direct you into lot and the schools trailers etc were clearly visible. My son and I had a great time and VIR is a fun track

Cool. I'm arriving in the afternoon the day before, and wasn't sure if the trailers would already be there. And definitely agree on VIR. It is by far the fanciest track I've been to in terms of amenities.