New Member From Mn. Long Time Rider

Torchsport

I'm planning on attending my first CSS 2 day camp at Laguna Seca. Possibly one of the June dates.

My background in riding includes mostly sport bikes and some cruisers.

I have ridden over 300,000 miles on the street, but it wasn't until I started doing track days about 5 years ago that I realized that in all those miles I never REALLY knew what I was doing. Just surviving.

We don't exactly have good curves here in Minnesota.

I've owned several R1s, a CBR1000RR, Daytona 675R,to name a few.

I recently just bought a 2016 BMW S1000RR, and also have a MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, as well as a HD V-Rod Street Rod. If you're not familiar with the Street Rod version, it has mid-controls, Brembos, less rake, better suspension and the like. I've actually tracked it.

Anyways, since buying the new Beemer I started thinking more about signing up for CSS to get a better feel for this new tech. Even though I've been thinking of enrolling before that.

So that's my story. Hi. ?

I've owned several R1s, a CBR1000RR, Daytona 675R,to name a few.

I recently just bought a 2016 BMW S1000RR, and also have a MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, as well as a HD V-Rod Street Rod. If you're not familiar with the Street Rod version, it has mid-controls, Brembos, less rake, better suspension and the like. I've actually tracked it.

Anyways, since buying the new Beemer I started thinking more about signing up for CSS to get a better feel for this new tech. Even though I've been thinking of enrolling before that.

So that's my story. Hi.

Tracked the Street Rod, whohoo! Brainerd?

Hope you do get to a school in 2017...got new tracks and a bunch of old favorites too.

I'm pretty sure we have some video on the ones we've been to, but let us know if you have any questions about any of the tracks, or the surrounding areas. Some combine their schools with another, and what to do while you are at the school (a reason many end up in Vegas, or Laguna).

Thanks. And yes...Brainard is my local track. I've done probably 15 track days there.

One of my big geekiest thrills was talking to Colin Edwards years ago at Indy. He asked where I was from, then proceeded to tell me his fond memories of racing there.

One question for the instuctors. Just your first thought:

What do you feel are some of the tracks that you seem to have the most successes with instructing at?

Which ones do you seem to have the best results at?

Thanks. And yes...Brainard is my local track. I've done probably 15 track days there.

One of my big geekiest thrills was talking to Colin Edwards years ago at Indy. He asked where I was from, then proceeded to tell me his fond memories of racing there.

One question for the instuctors. Just your first thought:

What do you feel are some of the tracks that you seem to have the most successes with instructing at?

Which ones do you seem to have the best results at?

Cobie or Dylan would have the best data on this question, but Streets of Willow in Lancaster, CA is a terrific track for training - it is a great technical track for learning, has a good skidpad area for the off-track training bikes, rain there is very rare, and the track is more flexible on operating hours than some of the other tracks we use (no mandatory lunch hour, for example). Streets of Willow also has easy access on and off the track for coaches with various cutoffs and "turnouts" that allow us to get to students more quickly and/or stop them for a quick instruction without losing track time, so we have more overall time (one and off the track) with students. Also Keith had input on the design of the track and built in a really fantastic banked turn there that is a blast to ride. :)

Other tracks have other advantages, of course - Barber is gorgeous and has a wonderful flow to the track, and Vegas is easy to get to and has some fun fast straights, etc., but Streets is really great from a training standpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Torch,

Have to agree with Hotfoot, Streets of Willow has many pluses. Dry and hot in June likely, so get up on your hydration, virtually everyone not used to that much exercise in the desert has to really learn to pay attention to that point.

Come say hello when you come!

Best,

Cobie