Jaybird180

Women In Wsbk Racing

Jaybird180    30

Speaking of which....whatever happened to Eleana Myers? I'd imagine she would be a contender by now.

Hotfoot    48

The most recent thing I heard was that she was having trouble raising the funding to race in 2016. It's tough to make a living as a racer.

Melissa Paris is another one to watch, not sure what she has lined up for 2017.

Jaybird180    30

The most recent thing I heard was that she was having trouble raising the funding to race in 2016. It's tough to make a living as a racer.

Melissa Paris is another one to watch, not sure what she has lined up for 2017.

I'd really hoped that she's show out more in the American National series.

Cobie Fair    13

I'd thought Elena had retired...might be in an old RW news piece...never tried to search that, wonder if one can.

Hotfoot    48

I'd thought Elena had retired...might be in an old RW news piece...never tried to search that, wonder if one can.

The article is easy to find, here is a link:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/elena-myers-unable-to-secure-funding-to-go-racing-in-2016/

She doesn't say she is retiring but does say she needs to find a way to make a living. :)

Here is a quote from the article:

“I’m going to try to pursue a career in the industry, but it’s certainly not the end of my racing career. It’s just, I guess a little break to pay bills.” .

Cobie Fair    13

I think it was the next article that lead me to believe she had basically retired...doesn't say that specifically:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/elena-myers-accepts-sales-position-with-mcgraw-powersports/

It is not like in the distant past, the industry really has changed for aspiring young racers...not so easy.

Jaybird180    30

The sentiment I've gathered from multiple sources is that the money isn't flowing like it was prior to 2007/8 in the motorcycle industry.

FWIW- Cobie, you can give her a ring and see if she wants a job. If it works out I'll accept a 0.05% finders fee :-)

Hotfoot    48

The sentiment I've gathered from multiple sources is that the money isn't flowing like it was prior to 2007/8 in the motorcycle industry.

FWIW- Cobie, you can give her a ring and see if she wants a job. If it works out I'll accept a 0.05% finders fee :-)

Giving her a RING seems like a drastic step, don't you think? :D

Jaybird180    30

Giving her a RING seems like a drastic step, don't you think? :D

Ha ha ha ha....you're right! Not sure if she'd want to work UNDER Cobie. And besides, I think Mrs. Fair might take exception to that.

Cobie Fair    13

I'm guessing that you guys didn't know we trained her for short while...

Sheemotos    1

My whole mission is to well, of course race. But I'm building a support team for up and coming riders/racer (female). Unless, of course if you want, anyone male can help support with any advice, gear, hotel and paddock sharing etc. My RV is open on track and race days. Website almost running. Trying to focus on finishing my racebike. AFM is right around the corner.

• Like 1

powayTom    4

What about Maria Herrera and her bid to set a mark in MotoGP?  I always find myself watching the race to see her result.  Last year she had a position for points and then crashed on the last, or second to last lap.  That has to be a huge bummer. aghh.

powayTom    4

OOps; just checked the MotoGP website and I see she had 7 points in 2016, and 9 in 2015, and she already has a point earned for placing 15th in Argentina.  Humpf.  Guess she is doing better than I thought.  Of course all the racers are like alien riders when compared to all us non-elbow-draggers.

Jaybird180    30

Wow! I didn't know that there was a woman in MotoGP. Is this the big class?

khp    2
4 hours ago, Jaybird180 said:

Wow! I didn't know that there was a woman in MotoGP. Is this the big class?

No. Maria Herrera is competing in the Moto3 class (the smallest). In 2015, Ana Carrasco competed in Moto3 as well.

Jaybird180    30
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:12 AM, Jaybird180 said:

Speaking of which....whatever happened to Eleana Myers? I'd imagine she would be a contender by now.

Sadly, According to this article - this is what happened to Elena Myers

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/02/17/elena-myers-loews-hotel-sexual-assault/

Regardless of some of the questions I have about that article, I hope that she gets the counseling that she needs and moves forward in her life, whatever she decides that may be.

khp    2

Dang, sorry to hear that for Elena.