Buttonwillow for 2018

6-13 School at Buttonwillow was Awesome! Track layout was really, really fun and facility setup was great. TOTALLY worth the little bit of extra distance from the Los Angeles area and getting to Streets. Fantastic day! This is a Selfish Campaign for another day there on the 2018 schedule...

• Like 1

I second that, I was there, too and I really enjoyed the track, I liked the chicanes and that long right hand fast sweeper! I also got a lot of practice figuring out how to find a line on an unfamiliar, blind turn where you can't see the exit. :)

Glad to hear you liked the facility. Did you bring your own bike or ride a school bike?

• Like 1

I brought my bike. I was the bald guy on the F800GT and sitting mostly to your left during our L4 Consultant breakdowns. (You were also my Coach last year at Streets on the old CHP bike. Another great day!)  It was a really great combination of corners to work on. That fast sweeper ended up being my least favorite, but really helped me on my wide view to slow it down.  The 3-4-5 Combination ended up being the most fun for me after the first session and I found some RP's for it I liked. Probably also doesn't hurt that it was the closest to a street speed-ish set and that's where I spend 96% of my time riding ;) (3% Parking Lots & 1% Track). Really fun having that many corners to practice on and as always came away with more understanding and great actionable stuff I will integrate into my plans and execution. Underrated: there is so much fantastic info one picks up just listening to other Riders, Coaches, Consultants discussing what they are working on as well.    

Oh yes, hi! :) What a fun day, we were very fortunate to have such nice weather, it was originally looking like it would be very hot but ended up great, with a nice breeze. You did look good through 3-4-5, I followed you through there multiple times and really liked the line you were choosing.

I had a lot of fun coaching you at Streets, it was great to watch you getting more and more comfortable on the track on that big bike, I really enjoyed watching you ride it. I thought you rode it REALLY well, especially since you were adjusting from riding a different bike the prior day.

Thanks!  Your coaching at Streets was fantastic, really helpful and I had a blast working with you. I had not been on anything that large so the guidance keeping me on point and away from bad habits out of the gate and getting a feel for it in that environment has made it a really great experience. No steering damper, just a basic preload and rebound adjustment, 2008 ABS, Hella miles on it...I call it pleasantly unrefined.  Bringing that back to school next time! #cssbuttonwillow2018