Jaybird180

Documentary Review: Hitting the Apex

Just tossing this out if anyone has seen this. I found it on Amazon Video and only intended to watch the first 30mins or so but found myself staying up late to watch the entire 2h 18mins.

It was awesome and I thought well put together and showed some of things the behind scenes story of 6 Aliens of MotoGP.

One part stands out is the statement (objectionable to me): “A fast rider can learn to stop crashing but a slow rider cannot learn to go fast.”

I have not heard it said like that before - this is how I've heard it stated repeatedly: It is easier to teach a fast rider to stop crashing, than a slow and safe rider to go fast.

Hitting the Apex is the 4th movie by Mark Neale around the MotoGP scene - the first three being "Faster", "The Doctor, the Tornado and the Kentucky Kid" and "Fastest".

All four are really well done and great speaks by Ewan McGregor (the first 3) and Brad Pitt (HtA).

• Like 1

I've seen "Faster" and have it in my collection as well as the follow-on "Faster and Faster", but now you tell me about "Fastest":huh:

TT3D: Closer to the Edge is also a great one, but about the Isle of Man TT instead of MotoGP. After watching this one, I had a great respect for the insanity of the TT specifically, and British Road Racing in general. 

There's one on Netflix IIRC called ROAD, the story of the Dunlop family. That one is very interesting and talks a lot about the obsession with the IOM TT.