? Regarding Level Ii

Is there a time limit between taking Level I and being able to take Level II? I took Level I at Pocono in August 2004. Santa gave me a most awesome gift... another day with the California Superbike School at Pocono! Can I take Level II, or is it "too long" since I took Level I? Also, generally speaking, how "difficult" is Level II compared to Level I? I have a sad tendency to underestimate myself; though I did well with Level I, of course I'd be somwhat nervous (though certainly excited!) with Level II. Your input is greatly appreciated.

There is no time limit on how long you can go between levels. Some people have gone a few years between level one and two, many do them back to back, it is totally up to you.

If you feel like you have a pretty good understanding of the level one stuff (not that you can necessarily do it perfect all the time, but that you grasp what you are supposed to be doing) then it?s probably time for level two. You can also repeat level one if you like, again it?s up to you. It sounds to me like you are probably ready for level two.

Level two is no ?harder? then level one, it is just different skills. Level two goes more into visual skills, how you use your eyes when you ride. It is different from level one but the stuff you learn is just as important.

I, too, am considering May 15, and will probably reserve my day this evening. The thoughts of returning is pretty exciting, considering what a fantastic time I had with Level I. So perhaps I'll see you there! The best part is the learning, and the great feeling when I realize I finally "got it right"...like the hairpin a.k.a. keyhole at Pocono.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey purrrs2,

Like Stuman said it sounds like you are ready for Level 2. If you feel like you need a little refresher you could always brush up by reading Twist of the Wrist 1 and 2. I find reading those now and then really helps keep my understanding sharp for coaching at the schools.

Timmer

Thanks, Timmer. Actually, I recently picked up the video and have watched that a couple times. I even got out riding this past week to help keep those techniques in mind...rare for January in PA!

The books are great, best dollars spent. That being said, I am looking forward to when Keith will get the Twist 2 DVD done!

CF