CSS Riding Gear

At the two day class at the Ridge in Shelton, WA CSS provided the gear.  The gloves were Alpinestars, as were the boots.

Day one was rain.  Fortunately, it was a nice warm Washington rain...so not too bad. :)

We all got wet, and spent the day in soggy leathers, but strangely, my feet stayed dry.  The gloves got wet, but not too wet to take on and off.  I was impressed enough that I went shopping for Alpinestar gear when I got home, but the same gear is either not made anymore, or it's only sold on 'black sites' known only to the inner circle of CSS.  Does anyone know anything about this? The only track gear that seems to be coming from Alpinestar today is all vented desert style race gear.  Up here in Washington we tend more toward Gortex then perforated leathers.

Any input would be welcome.

Hi Roberts, 

I have used the CSS gear too and found the Alpinestars boots a great fit, so much so that I purchased a pair of SMX Plus.  I know the school uses the Supertech R boot, but I didn't think my level of talent would do them justice.  I live in soggy conditions too and the boots stay dry even in very wet rides. They do have a small vent on top of the foot, and a couple of vents/exhausts at the rear but these, strangely, don't seem to let the water in.  Initially, I was sceptical as a lot of my other gear has 'Goretex' branded on it but pleasantly surprised! 

I can't give you any info on the leathers or gloves I'm afraid. Personally, I use HELD Titan gloves which are easy to get on and off, even when wet, although the main drawback with those is that the venting is good so although they keep moisture out they can't keep out the cold air!  

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:53 PM, Roberts said:

At the two day class at the Ridge in Shelton, WA CSS provided the gear.  The gloves were Alpinestars, as were the boots.

Day one was rain.  Fortunately, it was a nice warm Washington rain...so not too bad. :)

We all got wet, and spent the day in soggy leathers, but strangely, my feet stayed dry.  The gloves got wet, but not too wet to take on and off.  I was impressed enough that I went shopping for Alpinestar gear when I got home, but the same gear is either not made anymore, or it's only sold on 'black sites' known only to the inner circle of CSS.  Does anyone know anything about this? The only track gear that seems to be coming from Alpinestar today is all vented desert style race gear.  Up here in Washington we tend more toward Gortex then perforated leathers.

Any input would be welcome.

Alpinestars boots and gloves are readily available, I'm not sure why you were having trouble - are you shopping in person at retail stores or online? Revzilla.com has a large selection of Alpinestars boots and gloves, as an example, and they provide a lot of info on sizing and reviews and a good return policy, you might try there. It is getting harder to find good gear at retail stores because I think the online competition is causing them to stock less and less product.