First save credited to CSS

Yesterday I was riding a loop of country roads around my home.  I know the area well enough to know where I am, but not well enough that I remember every curve and corner yet.

I was exulting a little too much in the glory of a sunny day and dry roads, and i ended a straight section with too much speed to make the corner without drastic and dramatic actions.  This could have been very bad.  Fortunately, I didn't react...I acted.  Kept balance, didn't hit the binders, kept my head and body into the necessary line, and rode the tightest corner at speed I have every made in my adult life, without a slip, slap, or shimmy. Came out the other side centered up and in control, and promising myself I would never ever ever do that again (a favorite lie I tell myself).

I count this as the first notch for CSS.  Specific training at CSS made this possible, whereas prior to taking the course I would at least have been doing some weeding, and at worst been having a yard sale out there in East Snohomish County.

Considering taking the 2 day class?  Consider what may happen if you choose not to.

• Like 1