2020 WSBK

Jaybird180

2020 is shaping up to be an awesome season. 5X (Consecutive) World Superbike Champion Jonathan Rea will have his hands full.

His closest competitor for 2019, Alvaro Bautista is changing factories, which is...interesting. I don't know what precipitated that but I thought Buatista on the Ducati was a match made-in-heaven, but I guess not.

Honda is back with full factory support and hired Butista to pilot the all-new, homologation special CBR1000RR-R SP (yeah, that's a lot of letters) Fireblade. Let's see if Honda can get out of their racing slouch.

BMW came to play, with a new 2020 model that is more than just an evolution of it's prior models.

Yamaha made some tweaks to their bike from what I hear, squeezing more power from their engine for 2020.

And.....(get this)....we now have an American rider in the series again!

I've been a JR fan since his days on the Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR World Supersport, but I gotta root for my fellow country man, Garrett Gerloff.

What do you guys think will happen this upcoming season?

I for one am excited to see next season. It's awesome to see Gerloff make the jump, I hope he does well. Not sure how well Bautista is gonna do on the Honda. The Hondas were not doing very good this past season. It IS a brand new SP model however. This new edition is supposed to give the rest of the pack a run for their money. Hopefully they don't have the bad luck Sykes and Reiterberger had with the new BMW in its inaugural run. It's gonna be interesting to see how BMW improved as well, especially with the addition of Eugene Laverty. I can't wait! Wish it was spring already...*sigh*