Newbie From The Uk

Hi All

I'm from northamptonshire in the uk and have just booked for my level 1 at silverstone on october the 2nd

Is the superbike school as good as it looks as I'm a nervous rider when it comes to fast cornering, I'm fast on straights but when there is a corner at the end I slow down too much so I'm hoping the school will help

any advice greatly appreciated

danny

Hi All

I'm from northamptonshire in the uk and have just booked for my level 1 at silverstone on october the 2nd

Is the superbike school as good as it looks as I'm a nervous rider when it comes to fast cornering, I'm fast on straights but when there is a corner at the end I slow down too much so I'm hoping the school will help

any advice greatly appreciated

danny

Danny;

First off - Welcome. It's great to finally hear from the only guy in the world who is fast in the straights but slows down too much in the corners. We've been waiting a long time to finally hear from you. ; )

Kidding aside, there are things that you can do to prepare and IMHO, the best place to start is with the rider. Not to downplay physical conditioning but I recommend that you first read both Twist of the Wrist books that Keith Code wrote so that you understand the concepts of what you will be taught at School. The day goes by pretty quickly between classroom seminars, track time and then post track debriefing that having their cornering concepts internalized beforehand should make the day go more smoothly for you.

Good luck and don't forget to share your experience with us once you're finished.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Danny,

Thanks for checking out the forum before your trackday. Dont worry about being nervous in the corners, that's what were there to teach you. I've have coached students so nervous they were visibly shaking on the bike. I suspect you are gonna have several Ah HA! moments and will be laughing at yourself at how easy it really can be with the correct info about a corner.

Jr.