Also just spoke to Gary at Team AZ and looks like they're canceling the TARRC race weekend Jan 31. Don't know if this also means the track is shutting down all activities until further notice or not. They're working on an injunction to allow them to run, but as of right now, all activities at the track have been shut down.

Well, I hate to say it but AMP is not alone. Some locals in the area of Laguna Seca and Sears Point have been complaining for years. One of the bigger complaints is noise, so we have to run with stock cans to avoid being flagged. No big deal for me, but I will be willing to bet that some of the locals will eventually find something else to complain about. It's like we are all pariah. The last place we can go to practice our sport is the middle of the freaken desert (Button Willow, Thunder Hill etc.) And, one would think the locals would support track operations in hopes of getting guys to take their racing off the street and to the track.

If the banks would return may calls; I'd build a race track next to the local International Airport. The land is usually cheap, plently of noise from the airport, plenty of roads and hotels, and no one really wants to live near them.

This track is at the end of the Luke Air Force F-16 air base runway... in what is zoned a potential crash zone. So no houses or business can be built on the property as long as Luke is operating, which is the other thing the developers are after to shut down... not out loud, because that would be unpatriotic in this day and age. But they're doing everything possible to make it more difficult for the base to operate.

The blue-hairs are being funded by developers that want to put houses in, otherwise it would have been a non-issue. Its really not about noise. Its about money. I live less than 2 miles from the track, and there's way more noise from the local high school or even a neighbor running a lawn mower.