Booked For 08/07/2008

Rockingham? A CSS school at Rockingham?

Hee hee. Have fun at the bull ring!

If you haven't been there, Rockingham is one of the tightest high banked speedway ovals, perhaps the tightest. Even the straights are banked. Pretty intense at full speed.

If they run the WERA course, they will probably 'hay bale' you onto the skirt of the speedway oval Turn 1-2 banking; but, you should have some fun running up the T 3-4 banking coming out of the infield!

PS I've only raced there a few times but it was always very HOT. Drink lots of water.

From the website, i quote.

"Where is it?

Right in the middle of the country, off Junc 15 of the M1.

What’s it like?

We use the National Circuit. It has the finest set of left and right -handers in the country. You spend little time on the straights, it’s just corner after corner and no, it’s not flat!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh.

Rockingham, England.

nevermind

"North Carolina Speedway (formerly North Carolina Motor Speedway, often refered to as Rockingham) is a 1.017 mile oval with an infield road course. Banking is 22 degrees in turns 1 & 2 and 25 degrees in turns 3 and 4. 2004 was the last year of NASCAR oval racing, but the road course is still in service at a low level for club events, and apparently there is a kart circuit in the infield which is still in use."

"NCS is located 10 miles north of Rockingham, North Carolina."

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/NC/NorthCarolina.html

• 2 months later...
Yay, booked for level 1 on 08/07/2008 for Rockingham, anyone else fancy joining me?

Unfortunately I could only make it for the 7th of July Rick but cant wait all the same.

• 1 month later...

just got an email from css uk and they are filming the schools on 7th and 8th july at Rockingham for motors tv, I am doing level 1 there on the 7th so should be fun,

just got an email from css uk and they are filming the schools on 7th and 8th july at Rockingham for motors tv, I am doing level 1 there on the 7th so should be fun,

Yeah i got the same! Hope you enjoy your day, and the weather holds!