Getting Your Bike Ready For A School Day

Hello,

I am attending Brands Hatch schools on May 10th and 11th, and will be riding my own bike. What preparations will be required for the day??

For example, do mirrors need to be removed or just taped up?? Lights taped up?? License plate removed or taped up ok??

If I have to remove my mirrors for example, would I need to bring my own tools??

Advice appreciated...

Hello,

I am attending Brands Hatch schools on May 10th and 11th, and will be riding my own bike. What preparations will be required for the day??

For example, do mirrors need to be removed or just taped up?? Lights taped up?? License plate removed or taped up ok??

If I have to remove my mirrors for example, would I need to bring my own tools??

Advice appreciated...

Hi mate,

OK, what you need to do..? Well, step 1, make sure it's roadworthy, tyres are ok, chain, levers and footpegs those kind of things are all ok, not about to fall off, etc, etc. You'd be suprised, but these are the things that will be checked by the guys on the day.

So, as for mirrors, either take them off, bend them in, or they'll be taped up for you on the day. Lights don't need to be taped up, niether does your number plate, though if you don't want it in your shots (and they also go up on the web), then you'd need to do that aspect yourself, (again, tape or remove).

You can bring your own tools if you can on the bike(mirrors are usually just an Allen key), or if you ask Gloom nicely, you can leverage ours, though make sure you bring em back... ;-)

Hope that covers it mate.

Bullet

Hello,

Advice appreciated...

Hi mate,

OK, what you need to do..? Well, step 1, make sure it's roadworthy, tyres are ok, chain, levers and footpegs those kind of things are all ok, not about to fall off, etc, etc. You'd be suprised, but these are the things that will be checked by the guys on the day.

So, as for mirrors, either take them off, bend them in, or they'll be taped up for you on the day. Lights don't need to be taped up, niether does your number plate, though if you don't want it in your shots (and they also go up on the web), then you'd need to do that aspect yourself, (again, tape or remove).

You can bring your own tools if you can on the bike(mirrors are usually just an Allen key), or if you ask Gloom nicely, you can leverage ours, though make sure you bring em back... ;-)

Hope that covers it mate.

Bullet

Thanks Bullet,

Just got a full service done in preparation... So she is definitely road worthy.

I will bring the tool for the mirrors and just tape up the number plate... Easier for me to get going after the day...