Mid Ohio Hotel Question

Hello, all.

I see there are 2 hotels recommended on the Mid Ohio website. I was wondering which one do most people and/or the rider coach team prefer? I'll be at the 2 day camp in Aug. Anyone else doing the camp or overnighting? TIA

Tim

Hello, all.

I see there are 2 hotels recommended on the Mid Ohio website. I was wondering which one do most people and/or the rider coach team prefer? I'll be at the 2 day camp in Aug. Anyone else doing the camp or overnighting? TIA

Tim

Tim,

We usually stay at the White Fence Inn, a bed and breakfast across from the track. Likely they don't have room over the race weekend (but you never know, give them a ring) and they also have some other b and b's to recommend. Here is the number I have: 1419-884-2356

Thanks, Cobie. I was beginning to think I may end up with everything and everyone to myself. Nyaa, nyaa...more for me!!!

Seriously, I really stoked about this...can't wait!

I may give the White Fence a call, but I'm usually not a big B and B guy. The location sounds handy, though, and I'll be checking out on Thursday morning. We'll see...

Tim

Hello, all.

Tim

Tim,

We usually stay at the White Fence Inn, a bed and breakfast across from the track. Likely they don't have room over the race weekend (but you never know, give them a ring) and they also have some other b and b's to recommend. Here is the number I have: 1419-884-2356

It's not an "issue", it's a PROBLEM!!

There are no problems, only solutions.

Ruh-roh...getting philosophical here. ;)

If there are no problems, then why would a solution be necessary?

Actually, my sig is a jab at modern vernacular and bad diction. It is not a defeatest or negative attitude.

It's not an "issue", it's a PROBLEM!!

There are no problems, only solutions.

I know, I know. I was just having a little fun myself.

That said, I would say that my point (or John Lennon's) is also a jab at modern vernacular and attitude. Since "problems" and "issues" so easily become points of drama where people get stuck in narcissistic self-pity or overwhelm, why go there at all? In this way, a solution isn't needed in response to a problem, it is simply the first response to circumstance.

Cheers ;)

A little follow up on the b and b--it's been great, but not every single room has a/c, that can be an issue for some. But the setting, location, people--excellent. Now you and racer can continue your philosophical discussions!

C

Thanks, Cobie. Waiting to hear back from them. Setting, location and people can trump a lack of A/C!

Am I to assume that racer is one of the coaches? Will I be seeing him/her at the camp?

A little follow up on the b and b--it's been great, but not every single room has a/c, that can be an issue for some. But the setting, location, people--excellent. Now you and racer can continue your philosophical discussions!

C

Thanks, Cobie. Waiting to hear back from them. Setting, location and people can trump a lack of A/C!

Am I to assume that racer is one of the coaches? Will I be seeing him/her at the camp?

C

Well, I am planning to be at Mid-O for the races and for the school. And I do intend to tender my coaching application shortly. Hopefully in time for a try out at Mid-Ohio. If not, there's always Virginia.

That said, I have worked with the school in various capacities in the past: as a corner worker, glorified gopher and "roadie" ... a very long time ago.

And, I have stayed at the White Fence Inn (it's pretty special) a couple of times with the school and really wish Cobie hadn't posted the phone number as I was hoping to book a room myself this week. While I did sleep on the floor in the linen closet the last time I stayed there, I was really hoping to get an actual bed with my breakfast this time!

(Thanks Cobie Dog!)

Oh well. It'll be what it'll be. Ill find out tomorow. One thing for sure, whatever it is, it's always pretty special at Mid-Ohio.

Cheers.

Well, I've called 5 times (always get the machine) and left 2 messages over the past week. Guess they're not interested. Looks like a hotel for me. See you all in Aug.

Tim

Well, I've called 5 times (always get the machine) and left 2 messages over the past week. Guess they're not interested. Looks like a hotel for me. See you all in Aug.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I too left messages at the White Fence Inn last week and recvd no reply at all. I can only assume that they are full and don't wish to spend the money on a phone call to tell me. (Perhaps I will share my free long distance plan with them.) I thought that if I called back at a different time, they might just answer the phone. Honestly, I was a little surprised at Cobie's suggestion as the WFI is relatively small and, in the past, the school booked the entire place for the CSS crew.

Oh well... perhaps some of us could share expenses. If anyone is interested in that idea, send a PM or an email.

Regards,

racer

Tim

Hi Tim,

I too left messages at the White Fence Inn last week and recvd no reply at all. I can only assume that they are full and don't wish to spend the money on a phone call to tell me. (Perhaps I will share my free long distance plan with them.) I thought that if I called back at a different time, they might just answer the phone. Honestly, I was a little surprised at Cobie's suggestion as the WFI is relatively small and, in the past, the school booked the entire place for the CSS crew.

Oh well... perhaps some of us could share expenses. If anyone is interested in that idea, send a PM or an email.

Regards,

racer

Im surprised that no one answered, they have been excellent regarding their service. I wonder if I have the correct phone number?

I'll double check on that.

The White Fence Inn

8842 Denman Road

Lexington, Ohio 44904

Phone: (419) 884-2356

Visit us on BedandBreakfast.com

Just checked, here is what's on the web.

C

is there race's on the 5 and 6th of aug?? or were you guys talking about on the 1st-3rd ama?? maybe drive down earlier

is there race's on the 5 and 6th of aug?? or were you guys talking about on the 1st-3rd ama?? maybe drive down earlier

AMA are the first - third of Aug, we are there on the days after, 4 days 4-7th.

Best,

C