Motorcycle Mileage (mpg)

Cobie Fair

It's a 250 dude.

Yeah, that's true. Hence, the name: WR250.

Was there something more you wished to add?

Sorry, just pointing out that the R-1 is 1000cc and the WR250 is 250cc, therefore the engines have no similarity.

Do you know what "1/4" means? It's called a "fraction". It can also be called a ratio or used to symbolize mathematical division. But, in this case, it means one out of four. So...

"The WR250 motor is 1/4 of a YZF-R1 motor" means one cylinder out of four or "one quarter" of a YZF-R1 1000cc motor.

1/4 of 1000 = 250.

Get it?

I don't know if the new R1 has Titanium intake valves, and I'm guessing the cam timing is a little different, but, the measurements, the bore, the stroke, the ports, the piston, the direct ignition coil, etc etc etc are exactly the same as an R1. Hence, the WR250 motor is 1/4 of a YZF-R1 motor.

The similarities are, in a word, major.

r

Ha ha ha ha....that was pretty clever of you. But good try though. (I got the email) Hilarious.

I would call you out, but I'm going to leave it alone and just enjoy the laughter.

Racer & Jaybird;

What does this exchange do for the rest of us?

Kevin

Ha ha ha ha....that was pretty clever of you. But good try though. (I got the email) Hilarious.

I would call you out, but I'm going to leave it alone and just enjoy the laughter.

What are you talking about? What email?

It's a 250 dude.

Yeah, that's true. Hence, the name: WR250.

Was there something more you wished to add?

Sorry, just pointing out that the R-1 is 1000cc and the WR250 is 250cc, therefore the engines have no similarity.

Do you know what "1/4" means? It's called a "fraction". It can also be called a ratio or used to symbolize mathematical division. But, in this case, it means one out of four. So...

"The WR250 motor is 1/4 of a YZF-R1 motor" means one cylinder out of four or "one quarter" of a YZF-R1 1000cc motor.

1/4 of 1000 = 250.

Get it?

I don't know if the new R1 has Titanium intake valves, and I'm guessing the cam timing is a little different, but, the measurements, the bore, the stroke, the ports, the piston, the direct ignition coil, etc etc etc are exactly the same as an R1. Hence, the WR250 motor is 1/4 of a YZF-R1 motor.

The similarities are, in a word, major.

r

Racer & Jaybird;

Kevin

It was all in good fun, that's all. Hope no offense to anyone else. I guess Racer and I just have "one of those" sense of humors.

I just did Laguna and that seemed to really eat up my fuel I had to fill up every 3 sessions because my low fuel light seemed like it was always on, I am on a ZX10.

I wish I had your problems. I know it won't make me any better, but I want a big bike. And I want to ride Laguna.

Riding around Laguna video.

http://revver.com/video/688373/ride-around...2008-yamaha-r6/

Racer & Jaybird;

Kevin

I'm sorry, Kevin, but, I don't take your meaning.

Jaybird didn't follow my statement re: a WR250 being 1/4 of a YZF-R1 motor, so, I explained it to him in more detail.

What's the problem?

Regards,

racer

Is he following THE DOCTOR or just someone wearing replica leathers?

Not Rossi. I look for track video's before they race on TV so I can have an understanding of them. Mac sort of limits me as to which ones I can watch, but this one is wicked. I didn't even notice the leathers. To the right it says who it is.

Is he following THE DOCTOR or just someone wearing replica leathers?

Not Rossi. I look for track video's before they race on TV so I can have an understanding of them. Mac sort of limits me as to which ones I can watch, but this one is wicked. I didn't even notice the leathers. To the right it says who it is.

I think that's the chase bike. It could be Josh Herrin. He has Lil Bit on his butt in the same color scheme as Rossi.

Did anyone notice in the video how long it took the chase bike to get on the gas after turn-in? Seemed like an eternity.

Did anyone notice in the video how long it took the chase bike to get on the gas after turn-in? Seemed like an eternity.

The difference between a little GP bike and a four stroke pig in action.

Now, who thinks we should do away with two strokes?

But weren't they both on R6's?

But weren't they both on R6's?

Oops... my bad. I clicked on "last post" and missed the Laguna video. It was late and I must have thot I was in the thread about the kid on the little GP bike.

Nevermind.

Why did Hubbard post that in a thread about gas mileage?