Buttonwillow 12/8/08 (wet And Cold)

What can I say..... I am completely addicted to the track since doing level one in october. I tried to fit one last track day in for the year even though the chances of great weather were slim. But the forcast was 65 F and Sunny (chance of clouds/ no rain) however the day did not turn out to be even close. It was about 38 F thick fog and lots of moisture, never got out of the 40's F all day.....

The track was wet and all but frozen, every session was red flagged at least once; the carnage was amazing! The worst part was that 99% of the down riders tossed it in the first 1-2 laps.... *!?# :-(

Although it was a major feet to keep here upright most of the day I managed to have fun and work on throtle controll. I would not realy recomend doing a trackday in these conditions but in all it turned out to be fun and even though front and rear were sliding around throught the day (PUCKER!)

NOTE: score one for Dunlop Qualifiers.

Most of the photos for the day were realy REALY boring becaus you realy had to keep upright as possible to stay out of truble. But I did manage to get two OK picks from one corner in the wormest, least wet session. (note the mud on the cone in one of the picks)

decbuttonwillow001.jpg

decbuttonwillow002.jpg

Gorlock;

I like those shots especially in the conditions you described. On a cold day the tires struggle to get up to temp and when you add in the rain it just gets worse from there. You did get very valuable experience as you described sliding the front and the rear...that alone will make you a better rider.

Congratulations on taking advantage of the late season track day and avoiding wrecking your bike. You are hooked my friend - welcome to the addiction.

Kevin

Gorlock;

I like those shots especially in the conditions you described. On a cold day the tires struggle to get up to temp and when you add in the rain it just gets worse from there. You did get very valuable experience as you described sliding the front and the rear...that alone will make you a better rider.

Congratulations on taking advantage of the late season track day and avoiding wrecking your bike. You are hooked my friend - welcome to the addiction.

Kevin

Yeah your so right. As a rider your always so affraid of any little twitch from the rear tire..... and a slip from the front is unspeakable terror. All I know is that I would never have been able to get the corage to be on track if it were not for level 1 and the twist books. I cant wait to get back in the comming months for the next levels. I am especialy looking forward to puting in some time on the slide bike!

now if only we could press fast forward on the next few months.... Im already jonesing to get back on track!

Gorlock;

Kevin

Yeah your so right. As a rider your always so affraid of any little twitch from the rear tire..... and a slip from the front is unspeakable terror. All I know is that I would never have been able to get the corage to be on track if it were not for level 1 and the twist books. I cant wait to get back in the comming months for the next levels. I am especialy looking forward to puting in some time on the slide bike!

now if only we could press fast forward on the next few months.... Im already jonesing to get back on track!

...now to your avatar; do you really want to emulate Lorenzo's aerobatics? ;)

Kevin