How Do Your Leathers Fit You?

Has anyone tried to buy a 1 piece off the shelf then get it tailored in a few places to make it fit a lil better?

I've had adjustments made to suits, but usually didn't end up being perfect, just better.

C

I was wondering if it is cool to do since everyone talks about how important the stiching is. If it is tailord wasnt sure how it would how up or affect performance. My 1 piece is pretty baggy from the knee down, like the shin area mostly. It bunches up in my boots a bit and makes it easier for the knee padding to not be in the right place at times. Also my 1 piece could be tightened up a little in the tricep area. So cobie is there anything special I should tell a tailor to do?

I was wondering if it is cool to do since everyone talks about how important the stiching is. If it is tailord wasnt sure how it would how up or affect performance. My 1 piece is pretty baggy from the knee down, like the shin area mostly. It bunches up in my boots a bit and makes it easier for the knee padding to not be in the right place at times. Also my 1 piece could be tightened up a little in the tricep area. So cobie is there anything special I should tell a tailor to do?

Stairclimbers and pushups help. :-) j/k

I have no idea.

Stairclimbers and pushups help. :-) j/k

I have no idea.

Stairclimbers and pushups--you funny guy JB!

I don't think there are many tailors that can handle this, you would need some one that does leather suits, that's where I would go. Where do you live? If in SoCal, I can recommend a place for you, and there are different guys around the country that do good work.

Sometimes shoe repair places do this work, but that would be a 2nd choice for sure.

C

• 2 weeks later...
I am 6 ft 200lbs and wear a Alpinestars 48us and it fits great. It is a bit snug if I try to stand tall but once I am in the riding position it is perfect. I have worn both 1 and 2 piece suits and had a high speed get off in my 2 piece with no issues with it. Now I ride mostly track and have switched to a 1 piece. I know it is a mental thing but I do have to say I feel better in my 1 piece then my 2 piece.

For track only riding, it has less seams, less areas that can come apart. I'm more comfortable in one too. One thing that surpirses me is what guys do and don't wear under them. Bare flesh or t-shirts really aren't very good--one sticks to the suit. Inner liners like Kushitani or RS Taiichi (not sure on spelling), or Under Armour, lots of guys like those too. I wear both a full mesh liner on hot days, or top and bottom on cold days. Just this makes riding so much more comfortable!

I wear jogging pants and an Under Armour long sleeve top which works great for not sticking to the leathers. Man it sucks to try and get out of them without it now. lol

I wear UA underneath, but still have a problem with binding on the knee pads. My pads are foam rubber on the inside and stick to the inner liner. I've been thinking of putting something on the inside of the pads to make 'em slippery. Anyone else have this problem and come up with a good fix?

you could cut out some thin felt matieral and stitch it to the liner that would let it slide easy but may make it more of a hot spot too, just thought i'd put that out there, i can't afford leathers, but i have had to make adjustments to my friends stuff for them on several occasions. and yes you can now laugh at me because i can sew, but it was part of my training in the marines, they want you to be able to repair you clothes if you need to, but try it, it theoretically should work.