Ttxgp - World's First Clean Emission Carbon Free Grand Prix

On th 12th of June 2009 the TTXGP - World's First Clean Emission Carbon Free Grand Prix will take place at the isle of man TT circuit!

http://www.ttxgp.com/

USA enter the mission one

http://www.ridemission.com/mission_model/model_glimpse.shtml

A very high spec electric motorcycle with a top speed of 150 mph, there will also be entries from all over the world, this should be an interesting race regarding the future development of bikes as the world tries to go green!

whats the thoughts of you guys on this subjuct?

150 miles is not much longer than I go on a tank on my ZX-9 (start looking for a gas station at 180). And 150 mph, yahoo!

If the endurance can be obtained for batteries (real world), it would make the riding interesting: wonder what sound the motor would make, if pretty quiet it would be less of a distration for the rider.

150 miles is not much longer than I go on a tank on my ZX-9 (start looking for a gas station at 180). And 150 mph, yahoo!

and at under $2 to recharge the bike, it would be very economical!

If the endurance can be obtained for batteries (real world), it would make the riding interesting: wonder what sound the motor would make, if pretty quiet it would be less of a distration for the rider.

Quiet would be less of a distraction for the rider, but maybe lethal on the road if pedestrians and other road users could not hear you coming!

Having their own race class gives these machines a good testing ground, so it will be interesting to see how these bikes evolve over the next few years, as long as they dont forget to plug their bikes in the night before a race!

I'm not sure they make any noise, if it's the bike I'm thinking about. I saw a special on it on Discovery or something. Fast bikes with no noise. It would be a safety concern. Before I moved to the desert, and the bike started overheating when I did it, I used to drop to 3rd when I was in traffic to make sure people heard me.