New Sportbike Rider

I had a Harley for about 3 years and rode it regularly (I was actually 20, usually you start out with a sport bike and then go to HD when you get older, however, I did it the other way). Anyway, I just bought a ZR6 and will get it from the shop after having new tires put on it. I am very interested in your school since I have heard good things from someone else. Here are my questions:

1. With limited sport bike experience would I be wasting my time. I am not a new rider but feel like I might be since I just started with sport bikes.

2. I am in the military and wondered if you offered any discounts on the 2 day schools for military members?

Thanks,

Jim

1. With limited sport bike experience would I be wasting my time. I am not a new rider but feel like I might be since I just started with sport bikes.

2. I am in the military and wondered if you offered any discounts on the 2 day schools for military members?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim--actually, we have a lot of guys that have a Harley/cruiser, or standard bike, and move on to a sport bike, you won't be alone there.

For sure you won't be wasting your time. We have done schools on everything from Harley's to GP bikes, and the basic curriculum doesn't change, it applies across the spectrum. We don't have any discounts at this time, but I might have some other ideas, want to e-mail me: cobie@superbikeschool.com

Best,

Cobie

When I did level 1 in 2007 it was the second time I was on a track; had been riding sportbikes less than a year. I used to have a cruiser 9 years before that. I wasn't the fastest guy but I surely learned a lot. I would make sure you are comfortable riding your bike but wouldn't worry about having a lot of track experience. In some ways it's an advantage to learn early before you build up a lot of bad habits.