U.k School ,silverstone Stowe / September

hello all

been trying to book a date for this year for my 3rd level 4 ,but not yet as haven,t had chance to get out and get practise in on track .

i would like to make 1 of the new s,stone south dates but may struggle , my question is i think i saw somewhere else on the site that the stowe track will be reversed direction from normal any one any info on this ?

my thinking is while i relish the challenge of learning a new track i don,t want to distract myself from making good progress with my riding techniques with the coaches ( my brains only so big you know ) , made some good progress at school last year at rocky , a track i know reasonably well .

same situation with south track i suppose as i haven,t ridden it b4 ( any one know if any of the track day people are hiring this track so i could get a day in b4 )

cheers .

hello all

been trying to book a date for this year for my 3rd level 4 ,but not yet as haven,t had chance to get out and get practise in on track .

i would like to make 1 of the new s,stone south dates but may struggle , my question is i think i saw somewhere else on the site that the stowe track will be reversed direction from normal any one any info on this ?

my thinking is while i relish the challenge of learning a new track i don,t want to distract myself from making good progress with my riding techniques with the coaches ( my brains only so big you know ) , made some good progress at school last year at rocky , a track i know reasonably well .

same situation with south track i suppose as i haven,t ridden it b4 ( any one know if any of the track day people are hiring this track so i could get a day in b4 )

cheers .

Hi there,

I think it has been discussed that we'll be running the Silverstone Stowe circuit in clockwise manner, which is differnt to our usual anti-clockwise direction. I guess this is only of an issue if you've done Stowe before, though I'm unclear from your post if you have or not? To this date, it hasn't happened, and we've continued to run Stowe in it's usual configuration of anti-clockwise, and I know not of any desire to change it, though this could happen.

The southern loop is a new to us circuit, you can find a video of it here http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/video/ and you'll see it is in the main, in actual fact the lower part of the GP circuit from what is the Maggots complex, down hanger straiight, club, alway back up the other side, then back across to Hangar straight. The configuration looks excellent for sure, and definitely worthy of a trip to Silverstone in my opinion.

I don't believe any of the trackday companies use this lower circuit loop, as its almost exclusively used by the Silverstone race school for Ferrari / Aston experiences. Some of the race clubs do use it, but I am afraid I don't know if any trackday companies provide this sorry.

Hope this helped with your questions?

Bullet

(Uk Riding Coach)

thanks bullet

i,ve been to stowe circuit 3 times b-4 , guess i,ll just take my chances with stowe or south loop and if no one else has done it the other way round then i,m in same boat as everyone else .

hopefully see you there , don,t think i,ll be able to make the new silverstone south date to ride , but thinking about maybe trying to get down and have a look and maybe see " the guru ", but realsise this is a busy day for participating students that day , not sure if there would be a good time of day to drop in and don,t want to turn up if he,s too busy - what do you reckon ?

thanks bullet

i,ve been to stowe circuit 3 times b-4 , guess i,ll just take my chances with stowe or south loop and if no one else has done it the other way round then i,m in same boat as everyone else .

hopefully see you there , don,t think i,ll be able to make the new silverstone south date to ride , but thinking about maybe trying to get down and have a look and maybe see " the guru ", but realsise this is a busy day for participating students that day , not sure if there would be a good time of day to drop in and don,t want to turn up if he,s too busy - what do you reckon ?

well as you said, its a great opportunity to meet Keith, and it will be my first time to meet him also. Many of us are very excited about meeting the man himself. As you've attened a day, your aware the class sessions normally overrun a little, and also have little to no time in between. That said, I expect Keith will get some downtime at the lunch and also at the end of the day we normally retire of to the pub which may well be a great time to meet him when he's less full on?

Be great to see you down there, and with luck you'll be able to get to do some more schools with us soon.

Bullet

(UK riding coach)

thanks bullet

i,ll try and take a chance on comin down and meeting keith if i can make the day , or early evening if not at end of the school day . i,ll come and say hello .

as long as i,m in 1 piece you,ll definitely see me at school in u.k this year