Still Stuck In Nj But Doing Better

This is just a follow up to my previous post ("Stuck in NJ" post in June).....and give a follow up for the advice etc..

I have had about 6 track days since last post (all at Thunderbolt NJ...hence title of post) and tried to apply some of the suggestions.

Worked mostly on turn accuracy (and quicker) and trying to come off the turn sharper and then faster on the gas.

For the most part I seem to have made some progress and feel alot better going around the track. Lap times have gone from 1:58s-1:59s to !:51-1:52 and now I am pretty consistant with the times and still real comfortable.

This is link for video from last track day (3 track days and 4 seconds faster than the one you saw Cobie) and about 7 secs or so faster than the vid on previous post

The second lap of vid I kind of remember and was one of my better ones....

Anyway...now of course I am stuck again..lol...but got a CSS coming in Aug at Tbolt and am pretty psyched about it since it is my home track and I think I am in a good spot in my riding to learn some good stuff..hopefully....

Anyway I appreciate the previous feedback and think it helped...and for all you coming to CSS in Aug...hope to see u there :)

steve d

This is just a follow up to my previous post ("Stuck in NJ" post in June).....and give a follow up for the advice etc..

I have had about 6 track days since last post (all at Thunderbolt NJ...hence title of post) and tried to apply some of the suggestions.

Worked mostly on turn accuracy (and quicker) and trying to come off the turn sharper and then faster on the gas.

For the most part I seem to have made some progress and feel alot better going around the track. Lap times have gone from 1:58s-1:59s to !:51-1:52 and now I am pretty consistant with the times and still real comfortable.

This is link for video from last track day (3 track days and 4 seconds faster than the one you saw Cobie) and about 7 secs or so faster than the vid on previous post

Anyway...now of course I am stuck again..lol...but got a CSS coming in Aug at Tbolt and am pretty psyched about it since it is my home track and I think I am in a good spot in my riding to learn some good stuff..hopefully....

Anyway I appreciate the previous feedback and think it helped...and for all you coming to CSS in Aug...hope to see u there :)

steve d

Steve, great progress. I think I have ridden with you at a NESBA day. T-bolt is my favorite track. Not to interrupt your thread, but will you be attending the T-bolt TD this Sunday?

steve d

Steve, great progress. I think I have ridden with you at a NESBA day. T-bolt is my favorite track. Not to interrupt your thread, but will you be attending the T-bolt TD this Sunday?

Hey Jody and fellow Tbolter... :) Thanks for reply... I do feel so much more comfortable..

And yea no question T-bolt is awesome...feel real lucky to have that and Lightning as home tracks

I will send you a message..but will be at T-bolt this Sunday with Absolute :)

Steve

Great result Steve! Thanks for posting.

I was lucky enough to ride T/Bolt on a recent trip to the USA. That's one fun track you have there! I love that quick right just after the crest on the back straight.

Let us know what comes from your Aug CSS.

Great result Steve! Thanks for posting.

I was lucky enough to ride T/Bolt on a recent trip to the USA. That's one fun track you have there! I love that quick right just after the crest on the back straight.

Let us know what comes from your Aug CSS.

Hey Adam

Yea Jody and I keep going on about TBolt lol

It is nice to have such a sweet facility close.

I think I know that turn you are talking about..the right after you crest over the hill...I know the adv riders just blaze thru that one...

I know you guys have a couple of sweet tracks down your way. Another Aussie talked about one of them (can't remember which one) and I looked it up on the internet...looked pretty sweet...kind of hard for me to pack up the bike and drive down though ... :(

steve

Nice video man, especially the part about the rider with the red x. :-D

I remember your video you posted here a while back and it certainly does look faster and smoother now and using more of the track. I find that focusing on looking really far ahead helps alot with getting on the gas more and sooner and more accurate lines.

That track looks really cool. That long right hander that tightens up at the end looks interesting! It's about 5 hours from me (I'm in central VA) so I'll have to look into a possible track day up there. I'm about to buy a track-only bike. Hopefully I'll be able to afford all the expenses involved in taking it to various tracks to make it worth my while.

Nice video man, especially the part about the rider with the red x. :-D

I remember your video you posted here a while back and it certainly does look faster and smoother now and using more of the track. I find that focusing on looking really far ahead helps alot with getting on the gas more and sooner and more accurate lines.

That track looks really cool. That long right hander that tightens up at the end looks interesting! It's about 5 hours from me (I'm in central VA) so I'll have to look into a possible track day up there. I'm about to buy a track-only bike. Hopefully I'll be able to afford all the expenses involved in taking it to various tracks to make it worth my while.

Thanks for the comeback.....i agree with you about looking ahead....and I think Cobie has said that as you go faster it becomes even more important...something that i tried to work on alot...i still like looking down at those dam red and white lines at the apexes as i pass them!!!....lol

The track is sweet..i think you would really like it....alot of the "southern boys" seem to be heading up....Alot of the Track Clubs have 3 days weekends which might make it worth it....hit me with a private post if you need some info...

steve