Survey Question--even For Lurkers :)

Cobie Fair

Got my EX250 in March 09, attended the local BRC in April and got my license in May. Was going to do the ARC but I was told I have to clock 3k before I can attend, so I spend the money on a few track days instead. Traded my EX250 in for an R6 after my second track day..... :P

Looking to get some serious schooling in May of 10. ^_^

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my EX250 in March 09, attended the local BRC in April and got my license in May. Was going to do the ARC but I was told I have to clock 3k before I can attend, so I spend the money on a few track days instead. Traded my EX250 in for an R6 after my second track day..... :P

Looking to get some serious schooling in May of 10. ^_^

Rocket,

Sounds good, are you on the east coast, considering one of those tracks?

CF

I started August 2008, applied for my license while my parents were away on a holiday :P mom wasnt so happy! This was the easy part, applying for the license was a killer! had to get a million No objection letters from all over just because im a girl! No comment....

Finally bought a 250cc ninja did around 7000km on it, mostly on roads and a few ride outts with the guys. Now i've got a CBR 600RR done amost 4000km mostly on track, done around 11 tracks days at Dubai Autodrome and now i'm obsessed...got the "Track Fever"

Ive had two falls since! Small low sides :huh:

Thats the only riding experince i have so far...But its the best expirence of my life by far...

Wow, don't think that's the average story. Can you elaborate on the "No objection" letters, that for sure isn't something that we have to deal with over here...

Best,

Cobie

Well every women here who wishes to apply for a license has to provide the RTA head office with a NOC letter (No objection Letter) form the company she works for, or from her husband and/or parents (father!) that they have no problem with her applying for a license! Even during registering at the driving center we have to provide the approval letter from RTA and the NOC as part of our documents required to register!

And the local women are not allowed to apply for a license at all, unless they might have visa from Bahrain or something!

Well every women here who wishes to apply for a license has to provide the RTA head office with a NOC letter (No objection Letter) form the company she works for, or from her husband and/or parents (father!) that they have no problem with her applying for a license! Even during registering at the driving center we have to provide the approval letter from RTA and the NOC as part of our documents required to register!

And the local women are not allowed to apply for a license at all, unless they might have visa from Bahrain or something!

Wow, wasn't aware of that!

CF

Got my motorcycle license in Hong Kong in 1976 with a Honda CB125. Then rode one of the 7 Honda XL350's registered there in the following years. In those years, Hong Kong was building their first mass transit railroad. With any 4 wheel vehicles, it took average 2 hours to travel 4 miles (yes, average 2 mph), from one end of Hong Kong Island to other end due to bumper to bumper traffic every workday during construction. My XL350 would take 15 minutes and loved it. Came to California in 1982 and got the first bigger bike--Suzuki GS650G, rode to DMV and got my CA motorcycle license and planned to work in downtown San Francisco with bike for easy parking. Then got married and shortly afterwards, motorcycle license was suspended--wife said only able to ride under either:

condition 1, I get my own ranch with private roads and ride only inside ranch, or

condition 2, little boy becomes 21 years old.

Could not afford a ranch in San Francisco and so waited until condition 2. Got a Kawasaki 636 in 2006, then also attended level 1, 2 and 3 with the "little boy".

Now try to catch up the missing fun by riding to work when it is not raining.:lol:

Got my motorcycle license in Hong Kong in 1976 with a Honda CB125. Then rode one of the 7 Honda XL350's registered there in the following years. In those years, Hong Kong was building their first mass transit railroad. With any 4 wheel vehicles, it took average 2 hours to travel 4 miles (yes, average 2 mph), from one end of Hong Kong Island to other end due to bumper to bumper traffic every workday during construction. My XL350 would take 15 minutes and loved it. Came to California in 1982 and got the first bigger bike--Suzuki GS650G, rode to DMV and got my CA motorcycle license and planned to work in downtown San Francisco with bike for easy parking. Then got married and shortly afterwards, motorcycle license was suspended--wife said only able to ride under either:

condition 1, I get my own ranch with private roads and ride only inside ranch, or

condition 2, little boy becomes 21 years old.

Could not afford a ranch in San Francisco and so waited until condition 2. Got a Kawasaki 636 in 2006, then also attended level 1, 2 and 3 with the "little boy".

Now try to catch up the missing fun by riding to work when it is not raining.:lol:

What a great post 636! I loved this story and you are not alone in how you patiently waited for the time to pass before you could return to the world of motorcycling. BTW, Hercules, CA is just across the Bay from Infineon and the School is going there in March.

Rainman

What a great post 636! I loved this story and you are not alone in how you patiently waited for the time to pass before you could return to the world of motorcycling. BTW, Hercules, CA is just across the Bay from Infineon and the School is going there in March.

Rainman

Hello Kevin,

Glad that you understand my situation. Yes, I have signed up for March with the hope to try the slide bike at Infineon too. Last time, i was late to register and the class was full real early. I believe that my "little boy" might have met you before, at track during his bike school or as corner worker, though may not be at Infineon. Hope that I can meet you someday too since I enjoy reading your posts on stories about bikes, riding experience.