Bmw Is Here!

BMW came on in a big way this year. The new S1000RR is the talk of the town, and our experience with it so far has been great.

Keith has ridden this and some of the other liter bikes this year, let me now say he really liked this one, and I'll get more info (make sure I'm not saying something I shouldn't).

The students will have access to the S1000's, and we will also be taking our training bikes (Lean and Slide Bike, Brake Rig, Video bike, etc.) and changing them over.

Really, really looking forward to this change over!

Cobie

Hey Cobie just wondering what the reason for the change to bmw was? Im really interested in how you guys rate the bmw and which other bikes the school tried before the change, did any others rate better or was the bmw thte best overall package? Looks really sharp though!!

Cheers

Dylan

Hey Cobie just wondering what the reason for the change to bmw was? Im really interested in how you guys rate the bmw and which other bikes the school tried before the change, did any others rate better or was the bmw thte best overall package? Looks really sharp though!!

Cheers

Dylan

The bike seems to be just awesome. Keith has ridden a few of the '10 models, and liked this one the best. BMW is really on board with this, and very enthusisastic in their support. The big bike show in the US is in town this weekend, and we are headed down there to be at the BMW booth.

Personally, looking foward to spending some time on the bike and working with the students on them too.

CF

Are these going to be an extra cost option at the schools, or will they be replacing the current bike?

Also, will you be doing any training with the DSC, or are the bikes going to come without it?

I ask because I'm buying one and the school sounds like the perfect way to come up to speed with it.

Are these going to be an extra cost option at the schools, or will they be replacing the current bike?

Also, will you be doing any training with the DSC, or are the bikes going to come without it?

I ask because I'm buying one and the school sounds like the perfect way to come up to speed with it.

RR,

The whole fleet will be the 1000's, and all the other training bikes will be BMW also, total switch.

We think we are getting the loaded version of the bike, with traction control and ABS. They use the same sensors. The only other real add-on is the quick shifter, not sure if we are getting those or not.

Spent some time with the BMW people at the show in Long Beach, the more I learn, the more I'm impressed. Here is a tid-bit: the key is what you use to adjust the front suspension.

CF

Here is a tid-bit: the key is what you use to adjust the front suspension.

CF

I love when people give that kind of attention to detail! A bicycle component maker recently came up with a similar concept, and I just thought, "Geez, that should've been obvious! Why didn't I think of that?". Engineering is cool.