Which Track To Do 1st School @?

I'm looking at doing one of the 2 day classes this coming year, but was wondering if one track was better than the others.

initally i was thinking LV since they have NHRA drag races the same weekend, for the bf. but I saw the lay out of the LV and it didn't look as intimidating as Streets of Willow or Miller motor speedway. Anyone have preference of which track to school at?

this will be my first track experience ever. i've heard a lot of ppl say that willows might not be a good choice since track conditions might not be prime. being my first track day and all, that i might want to be able to concentrate on learning skills.

miller looks like it might be fun, but ppl are saying it's a 'fast' track. i'm thinking it might not be a problem since it's school. favoring this track right now.

but any input is welcome.

Hi Quacker,

Welcome the forum, and here is some biased opinion on your questions:

1. Streets of Willow is great track, has a little bit of everything, very challenging, you get tons of laps, weather is the closest thing to a guarantee of being good, great off-track skid pad (for brake rig, lean bike, etc.).

2. There isn't much "ambience" out there, so if bringing someone, it isn't like being in Vegas.

3. Miller is a nice track, no downsdie there. Don't think we can run the slide bike, but can run all the other off track toys.

4. Vegas, should be good. Flat track (no elevation changes), track is differenent than the one we used this year, looks good. I like a little bit of elevation change personally. Come to think of it, not much elevation change at Miller either.

The 2-day camp is a great way to get introduced to the track, lots of track time, tons of coaching, nice gradient steps up, time to ride the off track bikes, about as good as track riding gets.

Hope this helps, if you want to talk to a live person, give us a ring. Most of the office staff ride, and know the tracks or of them.

Best,

Cobie

I'm looking at doing one of the 2 day classes this coming year, but was wondering if one track was better than the others.

initally i was thinking LV since they have NHRA drag races the same weekend, for the bf. but I saw the lay out of the LV and it didn't look as intimidating as Streets of Willow or Miller motor speedway. Anyone have preference of which track to school at?

this will be my first track experience ever. i've heard a lot of ppl say that willows might not be a good choice since track conditions might not be prime. being my first track day and all, that i might want to be able to concentrate on learning skills.

miller looks like it might be fun, but ppl are saying it's a 'fast' track. i'm thinking it might not be a problem since it's school. favoring this track right now.

but any input is welcome.

Quaker, which one is your hometown track? Some people would like to beat their hometown track better than their visitors. Advantage may be you will be closer to the familiar track (with the coaches' help to analyze that track during school) when you practice again in future. With the coaches from the school, I guess every track will be equally good for learning. :lol:

Quaker, which one is your hometown track? Some people would like to beat their hometown track better than their visitors. Advantage may be you will be closer to the familiar track (with the coaches' help to analyze that track during school) when you practice again in future. With the coaches from the school, I guess every track will be equally good for learning. :lol:

i live in hawaii, so none of them are hometown. willows will probably be the closest, n i've already been invited by friends. but my goal is to get a good foundation that i can use on any track.

cobie,

what's the big advantage of having the elevations changes, or is it just more fun?

i think i'd like to try out the slide bike. would be really disappointed if i my choice of track made it so i couldn't play w/ it.

The slide bike is used when you do your level 4, unfortunately I've only done the school at Vegas so have not had the chance to ride it. That being said the track at Vegas is quite fun but I understand the school will be only riding the infield course for the Nov 20/21 date. The nightlife at Vegas can be distracting if you don't have any self control to get a good nights sleep. Maybe Cobie can answer if the slide bike will be available at the vegas classic course though as the next track I do the school at must have it available.

i live in hawaii, so none of them are hometown. willows will probably be the closest, n i've already been invited by friends. but my goal is to get a good foundation that i can use on any track.

cobie,

what's the big advantage of having the elevations changes, or is it just more fun?

i think i'd like to try out the slide bike. would be really disappointed if i my choice of track made it so i couldn't play w/ it.

Slide bike normally runs at Level 4. At the 2-day camp, can sometimes get it done sooner, but not always, rider has to be ready, have his foundation skills in good order.

Willow Springs has about the best skid pad, and the best weather, so that's a good bet.

Best,

CF