The Best Motorcycle

Just bringing this topic up to life again. This is primarily directed towards the instructors, but feel free to voice your opinion whoever you are smile.gif

The most advanced and powerful bike available to the buying public today is the BMW S1000RR. If you consider those who participate on your school days, do you think they on average would be able to go faster around the track on this rocket (set to race mode) than let's say a Suzuki SV650? Or would the massive power overwhelm them?

And to take it a bit further - what about the average rider in the general population, including scooter and cruiser riders, how do you think they would fare? Would the friendliness of the SV outweigh the power of the BMW or not?

I rode the S1000RR at CSS in April of this year. I own a CBR 954 and it's a decent bike for it's age.

The BMW is so easy to ride it's almost boring. Everything works perfectly and by starting out in Rain mode I was actually disappointed in the power delivery until they switched us over to Sport mode.

In comparison the 954 turns quickly (perhaps a bit too quickly) and stop very well with the stock binders. The power is decent and it's fairly light, but is no match for the BMW in any area except of course price. I paid $4000 for my 954 in September of 2008. :lol:

After a 12 year hiatus I bought the 954. I should have bought the Ninja 250 or 500 like I had planned. Perhaps an SV650S. The 954 is too much bike really. With a smaller displacement bike you have to carry your speed through the corners. You just don't have the power to recover from a low entry speed.

I feel if a person is bored with a small displacement bike after a couple of months period of time then they either:

1) already know how to ride well

or

2) you are only interested in acceleration in a straight line

I know a lady that rode a Ninja 250 for 2 years before she bought her GSX-R 750. She smokes most riders I know in the corners. ;)

That's just my 2 cents.