Already Took Levels 1-4

Like the title says, I already took levels 1-4 in 2009 at NJMP. But I want more!!! I made it to the intermediate group early last season- thanks to Keith, Dillon, Lonnie, Jon, Pete and other CSS staff whose names escape me at the moment. I'd like to make run at the advanced group before the 2010 season is over but I want to be toally prepared before I ask to be evaluated. I think my weaknesses are throttle control related. So my question to you coaches, enthusiasts, newbies and lurkers are: should I register for two back to back days in May 2010 or should I take level 4 in May and level 4 again in August when CSS returns? :unsure: I hate to register for one day and want to do another and be locked out!

Like the title says, I already took levels 1-4 in 2009 at NJMP. But I want more!!! I made it to the intermediate group early last season- thanks to Keith, Dillon, Lonnie, Jon, Pete and other CSS staff whose names escape me at the moment. I'd like to make run at the advanced group before the 2010 season is over but I want to be toally prepared before I ask to be evaluated. I think my weaknesses are throttle control related. So my question to you coaches, enthusiasts, newbies and lurkers are: should I register for two back to back days in May 2010 or should I take level 4 in May and level 4 again in August when CSS returns? :unsure: I hate to register for one day and want to do another and be locked out!

A very tricky question, and one that gets asked a lot. depends on so many factors, cash, ability to learn, fitness, etc, etc.

In my opinion, and it is just that, I think you're better to split it up, get something concrete to work on from your day, go away work on that on some trackdays, and when I say work on it, I MEAN work on it, not just bowl around at a trackday aimless, then come back and work on something else.

If you're still in intermediate level, I'd bet there is without doubt some progress can be made on your understanding and application of the visual drills and timing, so working on this aspect would normally improve the space you have, giving you a good improvement in laptimes, speed etc.

You need to be aware of what goals you have, and have a plan on how you think you could work through it. The coaching staff will try and help you get to those goals for sure. Question is, are you sure what they are, and where you need to improve?

Bullet

I know that I could be getting on the gas sooner and throttling out harder. I guess that's where RPs, visual skills and BP come in to assist. There is always room for improvement but I am eager to learn, analyze, apply and analyze some more. I am not looking to become the local track day legend but I would like to take my skills as far as I can!

I would say split the days with the school up. You can get some stuff to work on at the school in May, then do a few track days to work on that stuff. Then come back in august and we'll figure out your weaknesses and give you more stuff to work on for the rest of the season.

The only catch is the weather will probably be a lot nicer in may :)

I would say split the days with the school up. You can get some stuff to work on at the school in May, then do a few track days to work on that stuff. Then come back in august and we'll figure out your weaknesses and give you more stuff to work on for the rest of the season.

The only catch is the weather will probably be a lot nicer in may :)

Thanks guys. I am going to take you up on your advice. Stu, what's wrong with NJMP in August? If the heat and humidity don't get ya' those damn flies will! :lol: