Photos Of Ourselves...

I thought that was one of the primary differences between twins and 4's. I know on my wifes 650 I have power just about bottom to top. On mine, I need to be at 9,000 rpm's. I want a Triumph 675.

Hubbard;

The Desmosedici that Stuman is riding in that shot is an L-4, not a twin. Ducati realized that if they were to build a MotoGP Twin it would need to spin at over 17K so they married two L-Twins together...if I got that story correctly.

Kevin

That's correct, it's a L4, but it still has gobs of low end........I've been told.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of pictures to post.

Me in Vegas Nov 2008 level 1 & 2

IMG_5316.jpg

Jan 2009 at JenningsGP riding in the wet with my friend giving chase.

DSC_0366redo.jpg

Thanks Cobie, I am hoping to add some great ones from March. I am sure Infineon has some amazing picture corners with all the elevation changes.

Awesome pics. I haven't ridden since December 21, and those shots make me Jones even more.

Thanks brother. That is one of the lucky things about being in Florida is weather is great most of the time for the track.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't ridden since December 21, and those shots make me Jones even more.

Hey Hub;

When was that...like last week sometime?

In NY, we haven't ridden since October ; )

Kevin

When I posted this I knew I wouldn't be able to ride for a while. I was saving for CSS 1 and 2 in April, but that's out the window.

I know how it sounds that we get to ride through the winter, but there isn't much opportunity, or even want, to go to the track during the summer. The heat is unbearable. 112 degree's in full leathers is heck I tell you. And not everyone has swamp coolers. Usually between May and September is dead for us.

When I posted this I knew I wouldn't be able to ride for a while. I was saving for CSS 1 and 2 in April, but that's out the window.

I know how it sounds that we get to ride through the winter, but there isn't much opportunity, or even want, to go to the track during the summer. The heat is unbearable. 112 degree's in full leathers is heck I tell you. And not everyone has swamp coolers. Usually between May and September is dead for us.

We did some schools down there and it was only 106-108, but the coaches had to ride every session--it was brutal. The day at Loudon (like hottest in their history) was bad too--and those guys weren't used to it!

C

• 3 months later...

Very nice, Pablo. I miss color. The only thing we have here is dirt. Just a couple trees, patches of grass here and there. And dirt. I take photos also, and it's almost laughable that I pick some areas around the track because there's a small patch of weeds, so I can get some sort of color in the photo.

• 1 month later...
272182864hdwwrofu1nl1.th.jpg

This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

uh, no thanks on riding in the snow (at least on a track) unless I really had to :)

C

I just looked at this picture. How much slicker then rain is that snow. My understanding of ice and traction is that the friction melts the ice causing whatever (tires, ice skates, shoes) to hydroplane. Anyone have any input on this.

I guess my theory is that unless there is ice on the track, the snow would melt under the friction of the tire and become essentially rain water (very light rain water; it doesn't take much water to make a bunch of snow). So would it be like racing on a cold rainy day?

Rain/water can get in my head sometimes. We trained for several days in heavy rain (blowing side ways) and at first it messed us up. During the competition we had a fun run in which a fire truck soaked the course simulating rain. Heavy rain. The guys who trained in the rain all week did far better then those who stayed undercover, but it was all in there heads. The traction was for the most part identical to dry pavement.

Now I'm not talking about racing, its a very slow course manuevering the police motors in very tight turns at slow speeds dragging everything but the frame (it is timed though, so in a anti-climatic way its racing). As soon as I learn how to post a video on here I will. The speeds are not at all impressive, but the manueverabilty of those big Harleys is.

• 3 months later...
'Zilla,

Good photo mate.

CF

Thanks Cobie. I know how bad it sounds, but I always know where the camera man is. I was trying and trying to get a good one, and when I was following Stu and forgot about the photographer is when this one was taken. I think it was my awesome quick turn for the day. I got a great turn once every day. It's an improvement over never in two years.

Looks great that JasonZila, really good.

I have to say, I love your lid, looks awesome.. :lol:

Bullet

It's the Arai Samurai. Wicked helmet. My wife got it for me as a present for putting up with 8 years of on-off school. She's finally graduated. That's why I was upset about the stinky helmet syndrome I got at the school. It wasn't even 2 weeks old.

Bullet

It's the Arai Samurai. Wicked helmet. My wife got it for me as a present for putting up with 8 years of on-off school. She's finally graduated. That's why I was upset about the stinky helmet syndrome I got at the school. It wasn't even 2 weeks old.

Yeah, getting it just right--that feels good, doesn't it?

CF

Bullet

Yeah, getting it just right--that feels good, doesn't it?

CF

FANTASTIC!!! There are four times I've screamed in my helmet at the top of my lungs. After my first lap doing my first trackday, the first time I dragged my knee, my first quick-turn after learning the two-step, and when I dropped the bike straight to my knee and rode smoothly through the corner. Well, five times, because I did it again the next day. I know I'll get better and more consistent, but doing it for the first time and feeling it's near perfect..... priceless. And thanks to everyone at the school, by the way.

FANTASTIC!!! There are four times I've screamed in my helmet at the top of my lungs. After my first lap doing my first trackday, the first time I dragged my knee, my first quick-turn after learning the two-step, and when I dropped the bike straight to my knee and rode smoothly through the corner. Well, five times, because I did it again the next day. I know I'll get better and more consistent, but doing it for the first time and feeling it's near perfect..... priceless. And thanks to everyone at the school, by the way.

Not sure how I missed the screaming, pretty small track :)

I do love the enthusiasm of motorcyle riders!

CF

• 4 weeks later...