Photos Of Ourselves...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I really should have more sense than posting this, taken some years back. I just sit there like a sack of potatoes, basically...

Nothing wrong with that for street riding, but can tell we can get some more out of you and the bike. A good thorough steering exercise would help with that. We actually stopped even allowing the new coaches to train students on this, as we found it takes better observation skills than even the on-track riding does.

CF

Autobahn Country Club - First NESBA day (Hence B.. Generally run I group with STT/PTT)

On my street beater SV650 - bone stock everything (even suspension - I am 270lbs without gear) :)

682819746_EVZuG-L.jpg

I actually signed up tonight to discuss some cornering questions (track coaches have issue with the the technique I used to get through the corner, they prefer you to go in low and early.. I always push wide.. I tend to go in deep - late apex and get it done)

Yes I know I am cocked over a bit there, trust me I try to get off, if i get off much more than I am there I tend to upset that little bike on bad suspension - I'll take a skrrrch over a wobble wallow any day :)

Can't wait till spring and so jealous of you cali types

I really should have more sense than posting this, taken some years back. I just sit there like a sack of potatoes, basically...

Nothing wrong with that for street riding, but can tell we can get some more out of you and the bike.

CF

I would be very worried if not :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Hello to everybody. Pictures tell all the story! Great time, every time!

Christos--is that snow in the picture, or just large rain drops?

CF

Hello to everybody. Pictures tell all the story! Great time, every time!

Christos--is that snow in the picture, or just large rain drops?

CF

My second Level 4, Serres, Greece, rainning! BRRRRRRR!!!! See some more from the same day.

(Throttle Control, late and Quick Turn were THE ONLY survivor actions! Think some mystery resolved!

Greece is the most slippery coundry of all, even on dry roads!)

PS. The last foto is from a recent TD. Strong rain again, just for an hour. Was the perfect time to walk the track

with one of my friends!

post-445-1265914601_thumb.jpg

post-445-1265914623_thumb.jpg

post-445-1265914638_thumb.jpg

post-445-1265967045_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This was my first ever session at my first ever trackday. Its really the only on-track picture of my self I have. Nothing too exciting. This bike as since left my posession (after it tried to kill me) I keep thinking if Id get my new bike out to the track a little more, Maybe the photographer might actually get some new pictures of me.

Sandia Motor Speedway, Albuquerque, NM I'm thinking it was in June 07.

post-16396-1269815046_thumb.jpg

That is quite some "hang"! Question: How much weight are you bearing on the handlebars? Any? I am trying to imagine my own left leg bearing almost all the weight to keep me on the bike. Thanks, Steve

not much from what i can remember, i always let my legs & lower torso take most of the weight leaving my arms free to steer the bars, my legs & stomach feel sore after a full day at the track.

i put some weight on the inside peg & lock my outer legs on the side of the tank, i can't support all my weight with just 1 leg alone.

do you think i'm overdoing my hang off?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me "in action" wink.gif

Good, old (2007) R1 - best superbike I've ever rode and my new (2009) Aprilia Dorsoduro, Honda RR and Suzuki GS:

post-15857-127739091776_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739094993_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739103907_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739108976_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739118732_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739143865_thumb.jpg

post-15857-127739164889_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
body position or any other errors.

Amid;

Looks like you're tailing it into the Bowl which is cool but where do you think your head and shoulders should be given the position your hips are in and where the bike is in relationship to that 180 degree turn? I'll start the discussion there.

Rainman

looks like your a little crossed up on the bike try dropping your elbow into the corner, that should move your upper body into a good hang off position, try that first then we can see a bit more with a different picture, maybe inside the turn?

body position or any other errors.

Amid;

Looks like you're tailing it into the Bowl which is cool but where do you think your head and shoulders should be given the position your hips are in and where the bike is in relationship to that 180 degree turn? I'll start the discussion there.

Rainman

My head and shoulders should be off the center line of the bike, which was to the left. right? actually it IS 180 degree turn! how could you know that??

The picture was taken last month. I had no idea about apexes and following proper lines, so my bike was all over the track. I managed to crash twice the same day. : /