Tire Forum And Data

Hi All,

Had a nice talk with Steve Brubaker this morning, really like his input to the forum, and if you guys didn't know, he doesn't do this anywhere else.

On this subject, here is a request: Steve had some excellent ideas on how to organize data on the forum, creating some handy references for the key areas. One thing that will help is if you guys will chime in on if you like a subject, and what aspect you find helpful. Certainly we can see from the views, but that is a bit broad. Let us know what specfically you like, find helpful, and things you don't quite undertand. Not everyone has the same technical understanding, but often it can be put in terms even a layman can understand, if well enough defined.

I also think often people don't want to ask, thinking they are the only ones that don't understand what's being discussed. Let me forward this idea: if you don't get it, likley others don't either. As a side note, it's part of my ongoing quest to get the lurkers out of the closet :).

Urging you to post away,

CF

Let us know what specfically you like, find helpful, and things you don't quite undertand. Not everyone has the same technical understanding, but often it can be put in terms even a layman can understand, if well enough defined.

I was thinking the tires forum and all the discussions over the past few weeks was really a great Christmas present! Seriously, I've learned a lot by looking at the discussions and questions various people have raised, as well as from answer to my own questions I've posted.

Things I've learned that I didn't know: the progression of tires models (q2, DP211GPA etc.); the good write up about pressure off the warmers; what's important and what' not, like not to focus on temp; size of tire for my 600!; track tires pressure vs street tire pressure; awareness that tire manufacturers design tires to work a certain way- don't just use the pressure on the label on the chain guard; relative unimportance of heat cycles. It's all much more clear to me now. I like knowing what I'm doing!

It's great having an authority like Steve who has the inside scoop on how the tires really work, otherwise we're only left with paddock talk and hearsay, which can be dangerous.

I have found the information here to be fantastic. I am interested in pressures when not using warmers. I was told 36 hot off the track on Q2's.

Another topic I think would be helpful is when going from one tire in the Dunlop line to another, what are the diameter differences and what should be the ride height

changes, if any?