New Forum Member From Colorado

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd sign up and do a little research in the forum as my girl and I will be attending the April 4th Infineon date.

I've been riding for 20+ years, taken Level 1, 2, and 3 classes but it's been 10+years since I took them. I raced in '98 & '99 as an AMA Expert but haven't been on the track since.

We ride a lot of twisty Colorado mountain roads and I'd like my girl to gain some track experience to increase her survival rate on the public highways, hence the class we'll be attending.

I'm not sure if Cobie will recall, but he was my instructor back in '97 at a Pikes Peak International Raceway class. Here is a photo of me from that day:

efc1.jpg

Cobie was 10 bike lengths ahead of me when this photo was taken and I think he was looking over his shoulder watching me exit Turn 2. LOL!

We are looking forward to getting back out on the track with the School.

--Sean

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd sign up and do a little research in the forum as my girl and I will be attending the April 4th Infineon date.

I've been riding for 20+ years, taken Level 1, 2, and 3 classes but it's been 10+years since I took them. I raced in '98 & '99 as an AMA Expert but haven't been on the track since.

Sean;

In your earlier post you didn't say that you have already taken Level's 1, 2, and 3 so my response before was incorrect (the AMA Expert license along with racing experience is very impressive but doesn't qualify for an exemption. Those facts could however get you a try-out as a School Track Coach).

You could take Level IV but I would recommend that you go back and retake Level 1 nontheless. Fourteen years is a long time to even remember our own names and if you are looking to restart your track life Level I is still the place to start even if it is a do-over. YRMV.

Rainman

Sean;

In your earlier post you didn't say that you have already taken Level's 1, 2, and 3 so my response before was incorrect (the AMA Expert license along with racing experience is very impressive but doesn't qualify for an exemption. Those facts could however get you a try-out as a School Track Coach).

You could take Level IV but I would recommend that you go back and retake Level 1 nontheless. Fourteen years is a long time to even remember our own names and if you are looking to restart your track life Level I is still the place to start even if it is a do-over. YRMV.

Rainman

Hey Rainman,

I did post up in the earlier thread that I'd already taken Level 1, 2, and 3 classes.... ;) You might have skipped over that sentence....no worries.

I think there is value in taking the Level 1 class again. I can work with my instructor and if my skills come back quickly, I'm sure we can find some cirriculum that will be beneficial to me in the Level 1 course.

As for the School Track Coach.....that would be a cool job. Maybe I should try out..... ;)

--SP

Hey Rainman,

I think there is value in taking the Level 1 class again. I can work with my instructor and if my skills come back quickly, I'm sure we can find some cirriculum that will be beneficial to me in the Level 1 course.

Hi Sean,

I've been coaching for almost 4 years now (full time). Come this March I'm going to do the school myself as L-4, but most likely will work on L-1 techniques. That's not to say you would too, but it is a common theme.

It has been a while since you've done the school. The quality and service just keeps getting better and better every year. I'm willing to bet you'd learn something "new".

Cheers,

Hi Sean,

I've been coaching for almost 4 years now (full time). Come this March I'm going to do the school myself as L-4, but most likely will work on L-1 techniques. That's not to say you would too, but it is a common theme.

It has been a while since you've done the school. The quality and service just keeps getting better and better every year. I'm willing to bet you'd learn something "new".

Cheers,

Hey Pete,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, I'm sure there is plenty to be refreshed in my mind so the L-1 class will get me back into the swing of things. I'm psyched to ride Infineon and try out the new BMW.

I want the L-1 class to be a good learning experience for my girlfriend who has been riding for approx. a year. This will be her first track experience and although I've shared what I know about cornering with her, I'm stoked for her to get the Superbike School's instruction directly on a track under controlled conditions. She's been an exemplary student thus far but has a good deal to learn. She tends to hesitate and back off in situations where a deep breath, some counter-steer, and a little roll-on of the throttle would be warranted. I'm hoping the L-1 class will give her some additional confidence to curb her hesitation. If she really likes it, we'll be back for a L-2 class....maybe at Barber or Streets.

Will you be at the Infineon April 4th date?

--SP

Hi Sean,

Hmmm...need to see your face, that might ring the bell better!

Glad you are up here and posting, look forward to seeing you and your girl, for sure need to come and say hello that morning when you get there.

Best,

Cobie

Hi Sean,

Hmmm...need to see your face, that might ring the bell better!

Glad you are up here and posting, look forward to seeing you and your girl, for sure need to come and say hello that morning when you get there.

Best,

Cobie

Hey Cobie,

It's been a number of years. We both had a little less grey hair back then. LOL!

You may or may not recall that at the '97 Pikes Peak Raceway school I was riding one of Doug Chandler's ex-Muzzy ZX7RR bikes (the bike in the photo above). You helped me do a quick suspension setup as we set sag and preload. Damn that thing was a handful to ride compared to my Yoshimura prepped GSXR in '98. Don't feel bad if you don't recall....you've likely met thousands of riders in the past 14 years. No hard feelings.... wink.gif

A Pikes Peak Open Supersport Race, '98

207a.jpg

cc9d.jpg

Me nowadays.....South of Big Sur on PCH1 (my butt is heavier now and so are my bikes)

Monterey.jpg

Sarah on PCH1 in Big Sur(yes, she's really that tall....6 ft)

Sarah-PCH1.jpg

Sarah and I picking up her Ducati last Spring

Sarahs_monster.jpg

--SP

Howdy. That leather design is..... unique. Makes me think of pajamas for some reason. Now I'm tired. Welcome to the forum. I'm going to sleep.

Well, the leathers looked cooler when I was riding a green/black Kawasaki......but when you cough up for custom leathers, you don't stop wearing them just because they don't match the paint scheme on your current bike. LOL!

Some guys used to give me ###### saying the leathers looked like something the Green Latern might wear. :)

--Sk