Cadwell Mountain , Throttle Control

teg

:P

the revs rise as you get onto the smaller part of the tyre .

- i should have been able to figure this out for myself - he must be doing a slight roll off b-4 the last right or the revs wouldn,t drop .

I reckon we had a cheeky comfort brake, (just slightly), but we had one for the revs to drop so quickly.

Ya see, you didn't need me at all. B)

Bullet

cheers bullet

yeh i didn,t need you like i don,t need to keep goin back for level 4 repeats as i must know it al ehh !!!! - i wish it was that simple .

clear and concise as always my friend .

i bet when i think i,m checked at this point i,m rolling off slightly too b-4 i turn it .i thought i was finding it hard to keep rolling since the first right !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting stuff lads, I've done Cadwell a few times and every time you learn a better way round. You must be pretty fast up the mountain to get some air, I can't tell you anything you don't already know on that one. For Hall bends, one thing I picked up from wathcing one of the BSB guys who was instructing on a TD, I was leaving my change-of-direction points too late e.g. he turned into the first right hander, then as soon as he'd reached the apex he started picking it up again to go over for the left hander. I was running a bit past the apex before making my next move. i think he did this on every bend in that complex. Okay, I'm not very fast, but just something you might want to know!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I had a similar issue on a US track. "Mid-Ohio" turn 10a. I am riding on 06 R6 stock aside of -1 on the front sprock. I found my answer was to change my line alittle and upshift a gear before the crest. I tried all the other things; weighting the pegs, sitting up on the tank, staying back, a touch of rear brake and throttle rolls (on and off). Nothing worked better than just carrying more speed on approach and being in a higher gear. It took my R6 out of the strongest "torque" area of the powerband and stopped most of the insane lift offs. It still comes off the ground but out of speed rather than throttle + power and feels much better. Kinda fun actually but does take some getting used to.

I have a question regarding this though. Should my BP remain the same? Turn 10b is only 200ft away from 10a, which makes it really hard to set up bp and a good line. Here is the video of the A group (no lift offs in this vid, sorry), cam is attached my helmet. The video starts in turn 9, a control rider is in front of me working with the rider in front of him, we take turn 10a (bridge), crest and you can see how close 10b is, then proceed to turn 11 where I get a bit of front lift off, you can see the front fall away.

When no one is in front of me, I can lift both wheels over the crest. It's nothing like the "Mountain" but I don't wanna put it in the grass not making my 10b line. I get a quite a bit of head shake on the landing too. I need a damper and I am to tight on the bars. I presume an sr from approaching 10b very hot.

What do you think?

Wiggle,I know I am tight on the bars because the next turn is so close. SR..... for sure. I am working to get a handle on that but not sure what I should be doing bp wise to keep the bike stable over the crest. My preference is to keep the wheels on the ground, hence the upshift before the crest to get me to the bottom of the powerband and still carry speed. If I carry the speed, both wheels still lift off, so I humping the tank and gripping really hard with my legs makes it feels better. Just seems wrong you know....

Gripping with the legs (instead of the arms), might feel weird, but is it what the bike really wants? If so, might just have to get used to it!