The Complete Anthology Of Motorcycle Road Racing Lines

It a shame you didn't enjoy this book. I wasn't familiar with it but based on the description I would have picked it up.

• 4 months later...

Is the book exactly about what the title says? A whole bunch of different racing lines?

IMO - much better to get training and be able to choose a line for your riding style/goal/intended outcome, then books like this become redundant?

1334617774[/url]' post='26941']

Is the book exactly about what the title says? A whole bunch of different racing lines?

IMO - much better to get training and be able to choose a line for your riding style/goal/intended outcome, then books like this become redundant?

It would be better for advanced riders or racers who want to improve their lines as a skill if the book were any good, but it gets real hard to buy into when he says sometimes it just doesn't matter. When you're racing, lines never just don't matter. I was excited about it just to get more knowledge, and did learn a few things, but if anyone gets the chance to peruse it, you'll see that grammatical errors alone make this book tedious to read.

...that grammatical errors alone make this book tedious to read.

Right or wrong, one of the quickest ways to lose credibility as a speaker or a writer is poor grammar. It doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of knowledge about your subject matter but it makes one think "if you don't care enough to put the effort into what you are saying, why should I take you seriously?"

And this comes from someone who always struggled with grammar. The English language is a linguistic assault on logic. :blink:

...that grammatical errors alone make this book tedious to read.

Right or wrong, one of the quickest ways to lose credibility as a speaker or a writer is poor grammar. It doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of knowledge about your subject matter but it makes one think "if you don't care enough to put the effort into what you are saying, why should I take you seriously?"

And this comes from someone who always struggled with grammar. The English language is a linguistic assault on logic. :blink:

Ain't that the truth! :) :)

Now that you mention it, this forum is better in that area than any other riding forum, in my opinion. I look at other forums sometimes and the grammar and spelling errors are mind-boggling.

Along those lines, anyone know how to force Google to eliminate any "Yahoo Answers" results from any and all search engine queries, forever and ever? :)

Along those lines, anyone know how to force Google to eliminate any "Yahoo Answers" results from any and all search engine queries, forever and ever? :)

If you're signed-in to your google account, you may block sites from search results (e.g. answers.yahoo.com)

Add blocked sites in "Search Settings"