How Are "cornering Apprentice, Master" ... Determined

gogogusgus

volume

ratings by others?

Justin;

Volume

Kevin Kane

Oh, wait, so the only thing that differentiates a "cornering master" from a "squid" is how many times they've posted on the board?

How many posts does it take to get to "Rainman" status? :) :)

RT;

Now that's a real riddle isn't it?

Rain

volume

ratings by others?

Justin;

Volume

Kevin Kane

Oh, wait, so the only thing that differentiates a "cornering master" from a "squid" is how many times they've posted on the board?

How many posts does it take to get to "Rainman" status? :) :)

RT;

Now that's a real riddle isn't it?

Rain

So now I'm curious - if a COACH from the school posted something on the board, but didn't have much posting history, would he/she still show as a "squid"?

So now I'm curious - if a COACH from the school posted something on the board, but didn't have much posting history, would he/she still show as a "squid"?

Should. One guy had moderator status for a while, changed his own ranking (I shoulda figured out how to change it back :).

CF

what about a peer-rating system?

Does any other forum do that? My knee-jerk reaction is that could turn into a popularity contest.

Does any other forum do that? My knee-jerk reaction is that could turn into a popularity contest.

And it would be more likely to detract people from posting. If I'm thinking about posting, and know that everyone thinks I'm a "danger to self and others on a pit-bike,", I'd be less likely to.

Yes, there are other forums doing this. In the forums I've seen doing this, you "earn points" when other members mark your posting(s) as valuable (it's a plus/minus thing), and this value-meter then go into a separate measure. The forums I've seen this done on, usually have much larger audiences (e.g. ASUStek's support forum) and less directly interaction from "the mother lode" of knowledge (in our case, Keith, the coaches, Will, and Steve).

Kai, behind the big bad Great Firewall of China and just happy to see that the CSS forum isn't blocked

• 2 weeks later...

Should. One guy had moderator status for a while, changed his own ranking (I shoulda figured out how to change it back :).

CF

In Cobie's case he gets " Chief Riding Coach World Wide " status. :lol:

And if you really post alot, like Dylan, you get to use CODE in your name. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived