Back To The Future :: Telemetry As Coach

Hey Kids

I was kinda bummed when the Telemetry Bike / Line Machine topic died on the vine.

At NJMP and Willow I got my laptimes.

I got my laptimes on paper.

I did not get braking patterns, LAGC metrics.

*Laptimers have sector capability.

Those fabulous S1R2 must be pouring out data. How do I get me some of that?

How do I get me some of this?

Ago

I'm looking into the GP-X Pro. http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/. Tons of features plus an optional suspension potentiometer.

Here's a vid from a track guy at my home track (Brainerd, MN) using the GP-X along with TrackVision software to overlap the data from the GP-X onto the on-board video.

Full GPS positioning, throttle and brake application, gear selections, speed & rpms, G-force, and current lap timer & best lap time.

Looks to be a very good tool as far as seeing what one is doing lap-to-lap and specifically how/where time is being gained/ lost.

-Christian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into the GP-X Pro. http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/. Tons of features plus an optional suspension potentiometer.

Here's a vid from a track guy at my home track (Brainerd, MN) using the GP-X along with TrackVision software to overlap the data from the GP-X onto the on-board video.

Full GPS positioning, throttle and brake application, gear selections, speed & rpms, G-force, and current lap timer & best lap time.

Looks to be a very good tool as far as seeing what one is doing lap-to-lap and specifically how/where time is being gained/ lost.

Friend of a friend bought the GP-X Pro and was very happy with it, including support, taking feedback from users, and making frequent firmware updates.

Archived