Hey all,

Old Harley rider here. I just came across Twist of the Grip2 video. It's as if I've never ridden a motorcycle before. After watching several times ( just started the book) it has completely changed my grin level for riding. I guess my question is, is 57 too old to take a CSS school? I have never been on a track and only on a sport bike once in my life. In over 21 years of riding I have been all over the country 2up. After all this time I would really like to ride correctly. Also riding the schools BMW would be pretty amazing.

After a couple of weeks my riding has noticeably improved just from watching the video. What do you guys think? Be Honest!

Jeff

PS. I am probably in better shape than your average 57 yr old:)

Hey all,

Old Harley rider here. I just came across Twist of the Grip2 video. It's as if I've never ridden a motorcycle before. After watching several times ( just started the book) it has completely changed my grin level for riding. I guess my question is, is 57 too old to take a CSS school? I have never been on a track and only on a sport bike once in my life. In over 21 years of riding I have been all over the country 2up. After all this time I would really like to ride correctly. Also riding the schools BMW would be pretty amazing.

After a couple of weeks my riding has noticeably improved just from watching the video. What do you guys think? Be Honest!

Jeff

Absolutely not. No way is 57 too old, you will have a great time, and you will not feel out of place at all. An average CSS school day has a VERY wide range of ages.

Hey all,

Jeff

Absolutely not. No way is 57 too old, you will have a great time, and you will not feel out of place at all. An average CSS school day has a VERY wide range of ages.

Thanks for the replies. My move!

Agree with Hotfoot. I have a friend who's 68 now, and he is participating in a lot of trackdays even today.

At CSS you'd meet a LOT of different people and everyone is pretty relaxed and friendly. And yes, I've seen BMW LT's and Harleys at CSS days. Don't think that your bike should hold you back.

Kai

Hi FLHX

I would recommend you go for it for sure.

I read the books and watched the DVD and they helped me for sure, but going to the School made me improve another notch again.

I am now much faster than my friends, but that ain't really important, what is, is that I can now ride at the speeds my friend do, and I am soooo inside my comfort zone.

It has made me so much smoother, i think the only times I touch the brakes on a ride out is when I want to come to a stop. Maybe over the years I'll recoup my school fees in not buying brake pads rolleyes.gif

I will warn you, after spending a day or a weekend riding one of those S1000RR's around the track you just might find your bike back home a bit lacking biggrin.gif

if your a serious rider taking the CSS course will be one of the best decisions you've made since you decided to start riding a motorcycle, you will be amazed at the difference it will have on your riding

I will warn you, after spending a day or a weekend riding one of those S1000RR's around the track you just might find your bike back home a bit lacking biggrin.gif

if your a serious rider taking the CSS course will be one of the best decisions you've made since you decided to start riding a motorcycle, you will be amazed at the difference it will have on your riding

+1 on that, and here's another warning, when I took CSS Level 1, I was NOT a serious rider, not by a long shot, and look what happened to me! Now I have a budget specifically for track days and racing... and an S1000rr in the garage!

1337113683[/url]' post='27429']
1337110041[/url]' post='27428']

+1 on that, and here's another warning, when I took CSS Level 1, I was NOT a serious rider, not by a long shot, and look what happened to me! Now I have a budget specifically for track days and racing... and an S1000rr in the garage!

It sounds like to me I'm about be hanging around with a bad group. You are some serious trouble makers for sure. I can't wait:)

Welcome FLHX!

I have to voice my agreement with everyone else. In my opinion, if you are riding a motorcycle then CSS is appropriate for you. I just got back from two days with CSS at VIR and we had all sorts out there, including Rabbit on the track carving up the corners on his Valkerie Interstate. I'll probably be back at VIR in August so if you sign up let me know.

Best,

Carey

Welcome FLHX!

I have to voice my agreement with everyone else. In my opinion, if you are riding a motorcycle then CSS is appropriate for you. I just got back from two days with CSS at VIR and we had all sorts out there, including Rabbit on the track carving up the corners on his Valkerie Interstate. I'll probably be back at VIR in August so if you sign up let me know.

Best,

Carey

Thanks waregl! Just signed up at VIR!!!!!! for the 14th. I think I have another old Harley rider that's going to sign up too. This is the same sick at my stomach feeling I used to get when I used to sign up for an ultra marathon:) Loving every minute you just don't know what's next!

Hey FLXH,

I"m 60 and after 43 years, just got back on a bike in March of this year. A Valkyrie Interstate, which I rode to and at VIR, May 14, Level 1.

The only non-sport bike on the track. (no way I was riding their bike, as previously mentioned, what if I liked it? not even going to try to explain that budget to the wife)

I could not be more pleased with the day. My comfort level is way up. The 850 mile ride home, through the mountains was sooo much better.

The experience slowed things down for me on the street. I now ride with technique, tools and awareness of why a corner did or did not go well.

If you like Twist of the Wrist 2, you will love the CSS school and the community (teachers and students) that go with it.

Slow Rabbit

Hey FLXH,

I"m 60 and after 43 years, just got back on a bike in March of this year. A Valkyrie Interstate, which I rode to and at VIR, May 14, Level 1.

The only non-sport bike on the track. (no way I was riding their bike, as previously mentioned, what if I liked it? not even going to try to explain that budget to the wife)

I could not be more pleased with the day. My comfort level is way up. The 850 mile ride home, through the mountains was sooo much better.

The experience slowed things down for me on the street. I now ride with technique, tools and awareness of why a corner did or did not go well.

If you like Twist of the Wrist 2, you will love the CSS school and the community (teachers and students) that go with it.

Slow Rabbit

Rabbit

Thanks for that reply! That is good to hear all that. I wish I could get to a class sooner so I could use my new found skills all summer. It's going to feel like Christmas Eve until August 14th. Can't wait!

Jeff

1337286088[/url]' post='27447']
1337279719[/url]' post='27442']

Welcome FLHX!

Best,

Carey

Thanks waregl! Just signed up at VIR!!!!!! for the 14th. I think I have another old Harley rider that's going to sign up too. This is the same sick at my stomach feeling I used to get when I used to sign up for an ultra marathon:) Loving every minute you just don't know what's next!

Here's a thread with links to some reviews I've written. Maybe they will help you with what to expect. And if you have any questions just ask! I hope to see you in August (I'll be there as long as work doesn't get in the waysmile.gif).

Welcome FLHX!

Best,

Carey

Here's a thread with links to some reviews I've written. Maybe they will help you with what to expect. And if you have any questions just ask! I hope to see you in August (I'll be there as long as work doesn't get in the waysmile.gif).

Thanks! That is so cool and a big help. I really appreciate it!!!!!

Jeff