600 Class Rules

I am looking at possibly buying a dedicated 2007 Triumph 675 track bike. In one of the reviews I read it said that the 675 was allowed in competitive races in the supersport class but then was looked at as being an unfair advantage since the fact it has an additional 75cc's.

Now is this only for pro level racing such as AMA, WSBK or even for the local trackday races also? I just don't want to spend the money on a track bike I can only do trackdays with and not competitively race it eventually.

I am looking at possibly buying a dedicated 2007 Triumph 675 track bike. In one of the reviews I read it said that the 675 was allowed in competitive races in the supersport class but then was looked at as being an unfair advantage since the fact it has an additional 75cc's.

aslcbr600

Check out the rule book for the series you're interested in and decide from there. There's WERA, CCS and a host of other sanctioning bodies who write the rules for their races. I believe that the 675 tripple is allowed in supersport in most but I could be wrong. I also believe the Ducati 848 is allowed as a twin.

Rain

Now is this only for pro level racing such as AMA, WSBK or even for the local trackday races also? I just don't want to spend the money on a track bike I can only do trackdays with and not competitively race it eventually.

There likely is no one definitive answer for this question. However, I believe 675cc inline triples commonly fit in the "600 class" for racing organizations such as WERA, so my less-than-expert opinion is you're probably ok with the 675. On the other hand, there are almost countless R6's, ZX6R's, GSXR and CBR 600's on the used market if you can tolerate one of those bikes as an alternative.

Looks like WERA allows it-

C-class bike requirements for WERA, from current rulebook:

C SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and C SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE

Up to 650cc 4-stroke multis

Up to 675cc 4-stroke triples

Up to 1200cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins

Up to 850cc 4-stroke water-cooled twins

Up to 550cc 2-stroke multis

Unlimited singles

Vintage 5 machines

*Aprilia Tuono, KTM SuperDuke, Honda VTR1000F and Suzuki SV1000 are allowed in C Superstock and Superbike