The Weather At Willow

When does it start cooling down at Willow? I don't do very good in the heat and I would hate for my CSS class to get ruined by getting heat exhaustion. I am in good health and all, but I get heat exhaustion being in the heat for long periods of time. Being in leathers and riding on a track that's 140f probably will do me in. Is it still in the 100's at the end of September? Thanks.

Cowboy up Franco. :) I rode in about 110º back in June out there. As long as you drink a lot of water (16 oz+ per hour) and take their Potassium and Sodium supplements you'll be fine. I'd expect that in late Sept. it's cool around there anyway.

Cobie and his crew will make sure you get through the day. As long as you follow their instructions you'll be fine. Their coaches ride 15 sessions a day and make it so I'm sure you'll be fine doing 5. ^_^

It should be pretty nice in September - never know for sure but typically 85-90 would be the highest temps, and it is so dry that 85F is quite comfortable - since the humidity is SO low, it is much easier to cool down than if it were humid, but it is easy to lose a lot of water and not drink enough to replace it. ThomasDark is right, as long as you stay hydrated and keep up with salt and potassium you will be fine, even if it is hot; your classroom will be inside and the coach debriefs should be in the shade (we always try to be!).

Good under-clothes - like UnderArmour HotGear - can really help keep you cool. A regular tshirt under leathers is hot and not very comfortable.

Be advised, often it gets very cool at night in the desert - even on a 90F day it can be low 60s in the morning, bring a jacket for the morning even if you don't think you will need it. We get a lot of students that are completely unprepared for the chilly mornings.

Franco802,

I used that heat out gear as well. It's good stuff. If you get too hot try pouring water on it before you session, worked like a charm for me. Don't forget (Cobie and Dylan won't let you anyway) the potassium... My regiment was one of each of their supplements (Na, K) and a bottle of water between each session.

Get psyched for the class. No matter how awesome you think it's going to be it will be more awesome than you expect. And that's a gar-unnn-teeeee!

Franco802,

I used that heat out gear as well. It's good stuff. If you get too hot try pouring water on it before you session, worked like a charm for me. Don't forget (Cobie and Dylan won't let you anyway) the potassium... My regiment was one of each of their supplements (Na, K) and a bottle of water between each session.

Get psyched for the class. No matter how awesome you think it's going to be it will be more awesome than you expect. And that's a gar-unnn-teeeee!

Thanks for the positive reinforcement:D