Identifying A Good Rider...

Hotfoot

Life is dangerous - you can die from it ;)

I think you mean "you will die from it". Shedding the delusion of immortality is the first step to being a good rider, IMO.

After that I think a good rider is someone who does their best to mitigate the threats to their person while sacrificing as little as possible in the pursuit of your personal goals. When I say "does their best" I mean on their own personal scale. You're best mitigation may be vastly better or worse than mine. In this regard I feel like it's an "A for effort" type of system. If you're a novice and doing things very wrong unintentionally that is much different then a seasoned rider taking unnecessary risks for no reason. When I say "your personal goals" I mean everyone throws a leg over the subframe for a different reason. Usually over the course of life people will happen upon others that share similar motivations for getting on a bike and they become riding buddies. Stunters always seem to find other stunters. Canyon carvers find other like minded souls. Racers have it easy cause their cronies gravitate to an actual geographic location but the result is the same... friends with common goals. In that light, everyone's motivation is different and therefore the risks they're willing to take are similarly wide ranging. A stunter would not want to risk a full-lean corner with their knee down at the threshold of rear tire traction but a racer would. A canyon carver doesn't find much joy in drifting the rear tire out in a parking lot or doing a 50' stoppie, but stunters may. A racer or a stunter may never be interested in a 3 state, 400 mile, 6 hour session of 2 lane mountain roads but a touring rider would take that ride every day if allowed.

As long as you're trying your best to reduce your risk and staying true to your personal goals and motivation I'd say you're a good rider.

For me its "indecision" which then lead to erratic behaviour. This can apply to lines, throttle, braking, where they are looking, etc

The other one for me is a guy who is looking 3 feet in front of his front wheel and holding his bars like he wants to break them.

Having said that, Its one of the most rewarding experiences to have a first timer come to Track-Daze all scared and nervous and god away Safe, happy and itching to come back again.

ITs awesome! :D