Finally Returning…

Foxxy

Greetings!!!!

I attended several years ago in Vegas and was blown away in how much my riding improved. I’ll be returning next month to the Streets of Willow Springs and am hopeful for similar results.  I’ve spent some time on the track (track days and racing) but am looking to get more serious in my ability to ride more efficiently and learn how to better communicate with the bike. In reading and re-reading TOTW II and “Soft Science”, I now better understand where I can improve my speed and confidence. An area where I’m looking to improve upon is Charging and being able to get on the throttle before the apex, or preferably sooner. When I think back to my riding, I’m getting on the gas at the Apex (or, perhaps being honest with myself, after the apex) and this is where I’m losing a bike length or two (or three or four) to my competition. I’ve become obsessed with the attached pic from TOTW II, page 29. This is exactly what I’m doing wrong and the book lays exactly what I need to do.  This will also allow me to explore my limits of traction.  

If I can better understand this in my riding, I will fly home a happy man. See you at the track!!!

Foxxy 

image.png

• Like 1