Getting Back After A Big Crash

Hi all,

This is my first post, I would like to intorduce myself - I am from India, as you are aware we dont have too many big bikes here, and those you have them are mainly into posing.. September last year I was introduced to the race track by a friend of mine and since then I am an addict. I now race and organize superbike races in India. I am not a spectacular rider, and after hacking at track riding for 10months I got my knee down in June and also had my first high speed crash.

I have had a big crash in the last round of our championship, got off lucky considering the speed and stuff, just a broken wrist. I get my cast off today and will be racing this weekend. I am out of the championship

With your experience, what should I watch out for, how should I prepare for the races, any tips on riding with a splint on my wrist?

Lastly I am running a 05 ZX6R with Racetech 120/70 front tyre I have dropped my forks by 6mm, any tips and adivse on this?

Thanks in advance,

Don't know how long you've been wearing the cast, but, when I came back from a shattered left wrist joint, I wore a brace given me by the ortho. Sort of a stretchy ace bandage thing wrapped and held by velcro with a stiff yet bendable blade of metal inside from the arm to the palm to support the wrist joint mostly under braking. After a while I just wore it for psychological support and potential crash protection. It was a fairly simple off the shelf item. There were more elaborate braces but that one fit under my leathers. Other than that, I stuck to my physio and lots of ibuprofen after races. Kudos on the comeback. That's the sign of a real racer. Good luck w/ your race this weekend.

Got back to a busy monday, had a blast over the weekend...

When I testing the bike on Friday I was around 1:29, Saturday morning 1:20, qualified at 1:18 10th postition during the race lap 9 was gunning for the 8th postition guy, had to pull in as there was a big crash which took out 2 guys and littered the whole track and the race was red flagged... I was down to 1:15s during the race and getting faster...

The suprise for the weekend was the guy at pole on a 1:11 (full kitted 06 CBR1000RR), my bike (ZX6R 05)completly stock excluding the fairing and the front braided lines :-( (we are all in the same class), I never thought I would be able to finish the race, after 2 laps of qualifiying I was in pain, during the race I guess the adrelelin kicked in..

It was awsome.. Thanks for the support

Wow. 1000 vs 600. Only 4 seconds off. Sounds impressive. Were there any other 600's in the race?

Ain't that adrenalin COOL? Pain? What pain?

Wow. 1000 vs 600. Only 4 seconds off. Sounds impressive. Were there any other 600's in the race?

Ain't that adrenalin COOL? Pain? What pain?

you said it, Adrenalin rocks..

The starting line had a total of 14 bikes, of which 3 were 600cc (1. ZX6R, 2. CBR600RR x 2) One CBR was ridden by a pro, these are racing for a living, he was about 2 seconds off the race pace, and running in 4rth. He also was involved in the big crash, and took down 2 CBR1000RRs with him when he went down. He was quite fast..

The track is 3.9 kms long but we only use the short loop as the long loop is not maintained well so we race the 2.4 kms short loop.

I have attached some pics bike number 88 is mine..

post-1162-1157699778_thumb.jpg

post-1162-1157699793_thumb.jpg

post-1162-1157699934_thumb.jpg

post-1162-1157699983_thumb.jpg

So only 2 seconds off the 600 with the pro...who crashed. Pretty impressive.

So only 2 seconds off the 600 with the pro...who crashed. Pretty impressive.

Thanks guys, got to thank keith for the 3 books (bibles).... 2 bikes went down, the pro (gebraj cbr600rr) and a close buddy of mine stan CBR1000rr, gebraj flipped after colliding with the bike in front and to avoid running stan lowsided.. a typical racing incident!!

by the way, I've been to India, and seen how tough life can be there. I think its friggin awsome ya'll are racing there!! Incredible

Well with the software boom, I guess thing have become much better.. but yes its been one uphill challenge to get the racing thing going here... we have 160% import duties on bikes and tires so you can imagine our groups racing budget are quite high, my budgets are very low, so we really have a tough time getting the tires to last, etc..

Thanks agian for your support