Level 1 And Bike Questions

Guest Ted

I'm looking at taking the level 1 course at barber. I've been back riding now almost a year.

I just have some general questions

Is each level a day long?

Also on the 2 day class should I be at a certain level before I do it?

To what degree do I need to prep my bike or does that pertain to different tracks?

Thanks

Ted

Ted,

Is each level a day long?
- Yes

Also on the 2 day class should I be at a certain level before I do it?.
Not necessarily - it depends on what kind of physical shape you're in because the two day camp has at least one extra session both days so you will ride more at the two day camps.

To what degree do I need to prep my bike or does that pertain to different tracks?
I believe there is a section on that question in the School's website; if you click on the Superbike School logo in the the top right corner of the border here you can access it. In short, you need to replace the anti-freeze in your radiator with water wetter or other similar type of track approved coolant. you will need to tape your lights, turn signals and mirrors but it is easier to just remove the signals and mirrors beforehand and then tape over your headlights and tailights. Also, check your tires to make sure you have enough tread left.

Good luck at School.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ted,

If you didn't already get this answered, there is some newer data than what Kevin posted (we've changed the policy on coolant Kevin).

Here is some info for your questions:

1. 2 day camp is only on our bikes. 2 extra riding sessions available, but you can always take a break if tired.

2. You don't need to be at any skill level, just not brand new---must be comfortable with the control actions of the bike.

3. Nothing is needed if you bring your own bike, but as Kevin said, tires and the rest of the bike need to be in very good condition. Taping can be done at the track or if you want to do in advance.

4. Call the office any time, or e-mail me if you need a speedy reply!

5. At any school, any level can be done, and each level does take a day.

Best,

Cobie

cobie@superbikeschool.com